Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Custom minimize and maximize buttons ? (Read 1451 times) previous topic - next topic

Custom minimize and maximize buttons ?

So, playing with UI_Hacks, with the abilitiy to remove the caption bar etc for layout designs, I need to put some custom max and min buttons back in the new layout.

How to do this ? I note with the $imagebutton function you can replace other buttons and set the 'command' parameter to define what those buttons do, (eg COMMAND: File/Exit) but, of course, putting 'minimize' as a command option doesn't work. So is there another way using the $imagebutton function to put in min/max buttons.

Or does it require a different piece of script ? Help appreciated!

Re: Custom minimize and maximize buttons ?

Reply #1
Try if this works:

Code: [Select]
COMMAND:View/Minimum size

Reply #2
Try if this works:

Code: [Select]
COMMAND:View/Minimum size
Unless your Foobar is different than mine, no that doesn't work as there is no 'minimum size' option in the 'view' drop down selection. If I replace 'minimum size' with 'fullscreen' then it works for setting fullscreen, as that option is there.

Reply #3
Are you talking about the menu drop down item or the commands available under main/view in the the available assignable keyboard shortcuts? What commands do you have available? There are a total of 13 different commands under the view item, kinda strange you miss that most basic one.

Edit: did some testing, the action exists via foo_ui_hacks but it doesn't work for some reason. Btw, you shouldn't  only look at the menu items to see which actions are available. The list on the keyboard actions is more comprehensive and  I bet if you have foo_ui_hacks it's there. It just doesn't seem to work.

Reply #4
Ahh yes, found that now in the preferences keyboard shortcuts. Looking at the descriptor for 'minimum size' it's not the right command, as that toggles a constraint, not actually minimizes the window.

So still no apparent command option for that minimize button....hmmm