Skip to main content
Topic: File Operation Copy - Auto Close? (Read 323 times) previous topic - next topic

File Operation Copy - Auto Close?

Hi,

I want to achieve the following: I browse through a list of MP3 files, if I like one, I want to press a keyboard shortcut and copy that file to a destination folder.

I already made a shortcut to File operations -> Copy file to. My problem is: when  I do this, and press run, the dialog stays open. Staying open would not be a problem, but as soon as I select another file in my list, and press my shortcut, the new file is not added to the Copy file to Windows.

So at the moment, I need to press the shortcut, run the job, and close the Window, which I find really inconvenient. Is there a trick to make the windows automatically close after the copy process has finished? Or at least to add the new copy job to the exisiting open Window?

Re: File Operation Copy - Auto Close?

Reply #1
There are several ways you can do what you want without making changes to existing components. You could for example drag the file you like to a temporary playlist and copy all the tracks in one go once you are done checking them. Or you could use foo_run component to copy the file without any visible dialogs.

Reply #2
Thanks, can you give me a hint how this could be achieved using foo_run? Copy the currently selected song to a defined folder?

Reply #3
Add a new run service with descriptive label, for example Copy to <path>. At the Path syntax string enter 'cmd.exe /c copy /y "%path%" "<path>"', without the single quotes. For example to copy to C:\Temp use string:
cmd.exe /c copy /Y "%path%" "C:\Temp\"

Make sure to tick the Minimize button and drag the simultanous runs slider to the right until it says Unlimited.

Reply #4
Thanks a lot, I am now quite satisfied to have a shortcut to a fixed folder (File Operations -> Move To -> MyFolderPreset), but when that is performed, my FooBar Window Minimizes, and I have to reactivate it. Is this a known /expected behaviour?

Reply #5
Sounds like you are using some ancient foobar2000 version. Update to the latest.

Reply #6
I am using 1.4.1 which should be current, right?

Reply #7
1.4.2 is the latest version
foobar2000 plays music

Reply #8
I mistakenly thought the feature requires a recent version (1.4) but copying the playing file seems to have (always) worked. Just tested with a truly ancient version 1.1.5. Are you using some weird input plugins or other components that lock the file?

Reply #9
Am I hallucinating, or did you dramatically edit the post #4? It used to say that when a file is playing it can't be copied and now it says something entirely different. My reply was for the original post, not the later edit.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019