Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: asio drivers  (Read 1789 times) previous topic - next topic

asio drivers

HI everybody

I downloaded asio drivers foobar to install on win 10 + dac magic 100 (on which I  already  installed the usb divers 2 suggested by Cambridge) connected to hi-fi system. tried several times to install it but clicking on Playback / Output I can see the Asio drivers listed but trying to Add New it opens the channel mapping editor page without any entries to edit.

then trying to listen to files,  I get the error message "Unrecoverable playback error: Could not initialize the driver" . It seems like the drivers are not correctly installed.

I'm going crazy. who can help me ?

Re: asio drivers

Reply #1
HI everybody

I downloaded asio drivers foobar to install on win 10 + dac magic 100 (on which I  already  installed the usb divers 2 suggested by Cambridge) connected to hi-fi system. tried several times to install it but clicking on Playback / Output I can see the Asio drivers listed but trying to Add New it opens the channel mapping editor page without any entries to edit.

then trying to listen to files,  I get the error message "Unrecoverable playback error: Could not initialize the driver" . It seems like the drivers are not correctly installed.

I'm going crazy. who can help me ?

Did you follow this document : https://techsupport.cambridgeaudio.com/hc/en-us/article_attachments/200292252/Windows_ASIO_Set_Up_Guide.pdf

Wrong sample rate settings (S/PDIF related ) or reserved device may lead to initialization errors.