Skip to main content
Topic: Masstagger Question / Consolidate 2 shortcuts to 1 single shortcut via Script? (Read 188 times) previous topic - next topic

Masstagger Question / Consolidate 2 shortcuts to 1 single shortcut via Script?

Hello and happy new year, although it will most likely like the other ones....

I have two keyboard-shortcuts configures, which sets %SKIP% to 1 or remove %SKIP% from a song.

Via Preferences -> Keyboard Shortcuts -> Assigned shortcuts

Shortcut A points to Tagging / Quick Tagger / Set <SKIP> to 1
Shortcut B points to Tagging / Quick Tagger / Set <SKIP> to REMOVE FIELD

So far, so good.

Now, I'd like to have one single keyboard-shortcut instead of two, which points to something like a Script, which does automaticly (with some pretty magic) what I want:

If a Shortcut is pressed, it checkes, if %SKIP% exists, if YES, remove %SKIP%, if NO, set %SKIP% to 1

I have battled with Masstagger, but lost... (because I did not manage to handle those $ifs and set/remove a tag in one single go)

Does anybody know, if Masstagger is the right component for my wish?
Maybe some other ideas to help me going on with my wish?

Re: Masstagger Question / Consolidate 2 shortcuts to 1 single shortcut via Script?

Reply #1
Masstagger: Format value from other fields...
Destination field name: SKIP
Formatting pattern: $if(%skip%,,1)

Re: Masstagger Question / Consolidate 2 shortcuts to 1 single shortcut via Script?

Reply #2

Did you test that? That doesn't do what OP is asking, it merely replaces value 1 to a blank value. It doesn't remove %SKIP%.
I don't think masstagger can do what you're asking, the remove value action doesn't allow for the use of $if.

Reply #3
Did you test that? That doesn't do what OP is asking, it merely replaces value 1 to a blank value. It doesn't remove %SKIP%.
I don't think masstagger can do what you're asking, the remove value action doesn't allow for the use of $if.

Why don't you?

Reply #4
Well, I did have the same idea as you in mind but I did test it out beforehand and knew it was wrong so I didn't make the mistake of presenting a suggestion which didn't work but thanks for the tip. Anything else?

Reply #5
Well, I did have the same idea as you in mind but I did test it out beforehand and knew it was wrong so I didn't make the mistake of presenting a suggestion which didn't work but thanks for the tip. Anything else?

Anything Else?

Reply #6
That's cute, but that's not what is happening. The value is not removed, it remains and is blank. Whatever you're trying to pull here I don't know. But I did the exact same thing and it doesn't work. Format value doesn't remove a a field, it.....wait for it....formats a value. Do yourself a favor, ditch the attitude and stop wasting people's time.

Two can play that game.

Reply #7
Two can play that game.

Ha Ha. You have got a space after the bracket.

Do EVERYBODY a favor, ditch the attitude and stop wasting people's time.

Reply #8
Wow, so simple and yet its working EXACTLY as I wrote and wanted :-)
Thank you. I wasn't aware (like jazzthieve) that formatting a value can remove also.
Thanks again, it works great here in f2k 1.4.1

OffTopic: How did you create the useful animation you posted in reply#5 ?

Reply #9
Well, I'm the first to admit I was wrong. Still, some nice butthurt display going on there. You won the internet for today.

Reply #10
OffTopic: How did you create the useful animation you posted in reply#5 ?
1. You're Welcome.
2. GifCam

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019