Skip to main content
Topic: Columns UI: Make Custom Filters Case Sensitive (Read 140 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI: Make Custom Filters Case Sensitive

I'm consolidating my music library removing redundant artist tags.

I want to display redundant artist tags (i.e. missing the definite article) adjacent to the correct ones in order to easily identify and fix them, so I'm using the tag $swapprefix(%artist%) in Columns UI's custom filter:

Beatles
Beatles, The

The standard tags in filters are case-sensitive so you would see the following distinction:

The Beatles
the beatles

However, the $swapprefix(%artist%) tag merges lower and upper case so I can't identify any case disparities. I use minimserver which means my control point displays "The Beatles" and "the beatles" separately.

Is there any way around this, maybe using Columns UI or Facets, or another plug-in?

A side issue: the standard tags can be edited inline by pressing F2 whereas custom filters require I open the audio files' properties. Is there any way of editing the custom filters inline?

Thanks.

Re: Columns UI: Make Custom Filters Case Sensitive

Reply #1
If you are using properties, you can also apply "Capitalize" function in the context menu, before or after swapping.

Reply #2
If you are using properties, you can also apply "Capitalize" function in the context menu, before or after swapping.
Thanks, but the issue is to do with identifying discrepancies. If I'm using a non-case-sensitive filter I have to open up the properties of  each artist to determine whether or not there are redundant tags, and if there is just one redundant tag in 100 files, I have to process all 100 files to correct that one. This is time consuming with a large collection, and it is immeasurably quicker to edit inline only the rogue tags.

Reply #3
Hi there,

If you know what you are looking for, perhaps do a Library > Search and use the case sensitive string - "$strcmp(%artist%,the beatles)" PRESENT - select and change all the wrong tags at once.

Cheers

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2018