Skip to main content
Topic: Single wavpack + cue to many wv and lower quality (still lossless). (Read 162 times) previous topic - next topic

Single wavpack + cue to many wv and lower quality (still lossless).

I have an album in a single wv file with its cuesheet and I want to convert it into a single file for each track.
The wv file is about 2.15GB and looking into the properties of one of the tracks in FB
I see a sample rate of 192.000 Hz, 32bits per sample and 7392 kbps as bitrate.

I would like to end up with separated tracks with a sample rate of 41.000Hz and 16bps,
still in WavPack: would you mind helping me to get to there, please?

Will it be a lossless process?

Thanks.

Re: Single wavpack + cue to many wv and lower quality (still lossless).

Reply #1
"Of course" it will not be lossless, but it might very well be transparent to the ear.
But it need not be, because e.g. fb2k will clip if a floating-point signal above digital full scale is converted to integer. Run a ReplayGain scan. What does the peak say?
Memento: this is Hydrogenaudio. Do not assume good faith.

Reply #2
Scanned as "album".

Album peak is 0.981031
Track peaks are from 0.704497 to 0.981031

Thanks.

Reply #3
I see a sample rate of 192.000 Hz, 32bits per sample and 7392 kbps as bitrate.
I would like to end up with separated tracks with a sample rate of 41.000Hz and 16bps,
Hi there,

Do you mean 44100 Hz and 16-bit? (Just double checking!) <- Bitrate would be ~950 kbps and lossless.

Firstly you might need to get the Free Encoder Pack if not already installed.

Secondly do you have a preferred Resampler DSP installed? (I like Case' SRC Resampler myself)

• Load the CUE into a new playlist, select all tracks, right-click and Convert > select '...'
  • Click 'Output format' > select WavPack > Edit button > choose your compression options with the first two sliders (how long encoding takes verses filesize, 'normal' and '3' is probably fine) > click OK
  • Set the 'Output bit-depth' box to 16-bit > select Dithering: Always (* I think so though not sure) > click Back
  • Click 'Destination' to choose where you want the files > choose a filename pattern > click Back
  • Click 'Processing' and under DSP, on the right side, click the '+' next to your Resampler of choice > on the left side, click '...' next to Resampler > select 44100 Hz (different Resamplers have more advanced options here) > OK > click Back
  • Click 'Other' and make sure 'Transfer tags' is ticked > click Back
  • Review everything and finally click Convert.

* What is the recommendation on dithering in this scenario? Used when converting to lower bit-depth?

(Hopefully I did not miss anything?)

Cheers 8)

Reply #4
Album peak is 0.981031

Then you should be fine using anamorphic's description.
Memento: this is Hydrogenaudio. Do not assume good faith.

Reply #5
Thanks to everybody.

I was already doing the right thing but I overlooked the way to choose the
fixed output bit depth so it was left on "auto" and finding a source with 32bit
it converted with the same depth.

Thanks again.

fabio

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2018