Skip to main content
Topic: can foobar 1.4.x read file date stamp ? (Read 237 times) previous topic - next topic

can foobar 1.4.x read file date stamp ?

Hi
i have searched a lot
but i have found only old topics
like https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,57236.0.html or other links but again they are old

well does foobar 1.4.1 read file stampdate (for example created/modified in  year 2016 )?
i mean not added in the database but file created at...

or have i use an utility like mp3tag or foobar to add this tag in my music collections

thanks

Re: can foobar 1.4.x read file date stamp ?

Reply #2
Hey there,

There is a %last_modified% in the Title Formatting Reference doc, but that seems to be it. Not sure how useful really.

I did a quick search and I think the last word by a developer on this feature request for a %file_created% type of field was five or so years ago -

Just stopping by to let you know that Peter is aware of the request, but it can't be added nicely with the existing API.

So I guess the only way is to make it a custom tag. (I guess using MP3tag?)

Cheers :)

Reply #3
Hey there,

There is a %last_modified% in the Title Formatting Reference doc, but that seems to be it. Not sure how useful really.

I did a quick search and I think the last word by a developer on this feature request for a %file_created% type of field was five or so years ago -

Just stopping by to let you know that Peter is aware of the request, but it can't be added nicely with the existing API.

So I guess the only way is to make it a custom tag. (I guess using MP3tag?)

Cheers :)
hi
so should i use mp3tag ?
but what tag can i use ? i mean which new tag can foobar read?
thanks

Reply #4
There is no proper tag so just name it whatever you like, I guess.

EDIT: Or from the thread I linked above -

^as you're updating your files regularly, perhaps you wouldn't mind adding your own custom date created tag? mp3tag can write this by using it's own %_file_create_datetime% field.

Just experiment to see for yourself. I'm not really sure this would be worth the trouble to be honest.

Reply #5
Try foo_stnaa.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2018