Skip to main content
Topic: is there a way to monitor the output of an audio player? (Read 345 times) previous topic - next topic

is there a way to monitor the output of an audio player?

Hi
first i'm a novice and just for knowledge and test purpose

according my ears , several audio players do sound different on the same hardware
i tried foobar + wasapi (event) "no dsp " , musicbee wasapi event , aimp wasapi event and under sierra audirvana plus 3

at the beginning i wanted to use Voxengo SPAN via vst but audirvana doesn't let using vst , again i'm a novice , but

i have tried for many times the same album in flac 44.1 ripped with eac and played with foobar 1.4 wasapi event and audirvana plus 3 under sierra and high sierra
i'm talking about my ears , for my ears the same album played under w10 and foobar sounds clean ,cold and with more "treble" , audirvana again for my ears sound more deep

so is there a way to monitor the audio player output?
do sombody tried it?
thanks
sorry for my poor english

Re: is there a way to monitor the output of an audio player?

Reply #1
You can use virtual sound card and some audio editor to record output from player. For windows there are free Virtual audio cable and free Audacity.

Reply #2
You can use virtual sound card and some audio editor to record output from player. For windows there are free Virtual audio cable and free Audacity.
hi
sadly i don't how can i do with audirvana
under windows it does install a driver

have you tried to monitor audio players output?
thanks

Reply #3
in Windows there's WASAPI loopback device, just record from it. no special software needed.
you can use Audacity to record.

Reply #4
in Windows there's WASAPI loopback device, just record from it. no special software needed.
you can use Audacity to record.
hi
but i can not play foobar+wasapi event and record with audacity with wasapi loopback

thanks

Reply #5
For Mac there exist Jack and Soundflower

Reply #6
AFAIK, when you use kernel mode driver (WASAPI Exclusive, native ASIO or WDM/KS) as output device in Foobar you are (normally) not allowed to access the device simultaenously by some other software if you go through DAC --> instead, if you use S/PDIF output you be able to capture (using S/PDIF loop cable or 2nd HW device) the output from there to some recording software for comparison (I would use some multitrack recording software (BandLab Sonar is free https://www.bandlab.com/products/cakewalk ),  sync the recorded tracks , compare two recordings at once by inverting the phase of the other track (silence is 1:1)).

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2018