Skip to main content
Topic: is there a way to have a default sorting ? (Read 459 times) previous topic - next topic

is there a way to have a default sorting ?

Hi
i have used foobar from begining ,after i have used for a while another free program
i'm back Foobar2000's lover

is there a way to have a default sorting?
i have googled a lot and searched
i have found a page here in the forum to add in the  Preferences > Shell Integration > Sort incoming files
Code: [Select]
%ALBUM% - %DISCNUMBER% - %TRACKNUMBER% - %DATE% - %ALBUM ARTIST% - %TITLE%
but when i use album list it does mess up

i have tried in the album list
%<artist>%||%date%|%album%|[[.]%tracknumber%. ][%track artist% - ]%title%

i would like to have a default sorting , artist , date , album , tracks
can i do it?
thanks

Re: is there a way to have a default sorting ?

Reply #1
Hi there,

The "Sort incoming files" in preferences is the default sort for what ends up in the playlist (not Album List). You might as well also use $stripprefix (to remove 'The' and 'A') and make it alphabetical. So something like -
$stripprefix(%album artist%)|%date%|$stripprefix(%album%)|%path_sort%[|%discnumber%]|%tracknumber%|$stripprefix(%title%)

(Note: Facets has its own default sort in preferences)

For the Album List sorting (by artist) you had a few extra '|' not needed, try something like -
%<artist>%|['['%date%']' ]%album%|[%tracknumber%. ][%track artist% - ]%title%

Cheers :)

Reply #2
The "Sort incoming files" in preferences is the default sort for what ends up in the playlist (not Album List). You might as well also use $stripprefix (to remove 'The' and 'A') and make it alphabetical. So something like -
$stripprefix(%album artist%)|%date%|$stripprefix(%album%)|%path_sort%[|%discnumber%]|%tracknumber%|$stripprefix(%title%)

Nice code, anamorphic!  francesco, you might also consider using "$swapprefix" instead of "$stripprefix" if for example you would prefer to see the band "The Runaways" appear as "Runaways, The" in the playlist vs. "Runaways".  Frankly I had completely overlooked the "sort incoming files" option.

Reply #3
Hi there,

(Note: Facets has its own default sort in preferences)

For the Album List sorting (by artist) you had a few extra '|' not needed, try something like -
%<artist>%|['['%date%']' ]%album%|[%tracknumber%. ][%track artist% - ]%title%

hi @anamorphic
thank you so much , i really appreciate you help ,you make my life easier
just la question ,about quicksearch , there is not a sort rule in  preference
i create a new one Test  and %artist% %date% %album% %title%
but it doesn't sort
thank again!

Reply #4
Nice code, anamorphic!  francesco, you might also consider using "$swapprefix" instead of "$stripprefix" if for example you would prefer to see the band "The Runaways" appear as "Runaways, The" in the playlist vs. "Runaways".  Frankly I had completely overlooked the "sort incoming files" option.
Yep, either one works fine for sorting where nothing is displayed. As you say though $swapprefix is probably better to use in playlist views... ;)

hi @anamorphic
thank you so much , i really appreciate you help ,you make my life easier
just la question ,about quicksearch , there is not a sort rule in  preference
i create a new one Test  and %artist% %date% %album% %title%
but it doesn't sort
thank again!
Do you mean foo_quicksearch component? According to this documentation it does not support query sorting.

(In a normal Library > Search you can use SORT BY %artist% etc at the end - see query syntax - although it should default to "sort incoming files" preferences so in most cases there would be no need)

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020