Skip to main content
Topic: DSD / DFF in wavpack using Ubuntu (Read 1507 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: DSD / DFF in wavpack using Ubuntu

Reply #25
I use Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, I installed mpd and all the possible clients, I can not load the files to let them read, my music files are all on Nas, however I use Foobar on Windows to listen to my music and wv / dsd read them without problems, in the PC that I use routinely instead I have Ubuntu, fortunately I managed to restart Foobar and even if it is limited to Ubuntu now I can read the wv / dsd files even from Ubuntu ...... Too bad they are not supported by VLC , BeadBeef and Audacious which are my favorite players on Ubuntu ..... I apologize for my english too ....
Thank you

Reply #26
Lack of support from VLC/DeaDBeeF/Audacious would be due to using an outdated version of the WavPack library. And don't expect a newer version to be included with 18.04, either, since it's an LTS release, so it will feature freeze for the next two years. Unless maybe you install an updated WavPack from a PPA, and then you're on your own, and it will still only decode to 24 bit PCM instead of DSD.

Reply #27
The wavpack I have in my Ubuntu 18.04 LTS is version 5.1.0 which is the last version ......

Reply #28
You seem to have a configuration problem in MPD.
There does not seem to be a compatibility problem with wavpack-DSD (yet).
If you can not access your music library, there is probably something wrong with your 'mpd.conf' (mounts the file system, client-server access, permissions, etc.). In the worst case it can be an MPD bug when accessing the remote system.
I'm not a Linux expert... it would not be a good idea to do this query (MPD can not access NAS) in Ubuntuforums or Linuxquestions?

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2018