Skip to main content
Topic: WASAPI shared output (foo_out_wasapis) (Read 7322 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: WASAPI shared output (foo_out_wasapis)

Reply #50
My fail safe code is terminating the playback thread as things look broken. The thread received an event that requested more data but even after retrying a few times the playback buffer had no room for new samples.

I attached a modified version that waits for about 0.5 seconds until erroring out if buffer stays full. I'd like to hear if this solves the issue.

Edit: attachment removed. Improved version of the change is included in the latest release.

Reply #51
Thanks. I'll try it but, as the problem occurs rarely (say, one time per month), can't say for sure if it is fixed.
Magically yours
Raistlin

Reply #52
This took longer than I'd have liked.

Attached is a new version I just finished which should fix all the transition glitches. I rewrote large parts of the functionality so I don't dare to upload it to the repository yet until I have had time to properly play with it. And hopefully some people here too can confirm that nothing got changed for the worse.

Edit: attachment removed. Version released properly now.

Reply #53
With the new version, the sound stutters sometimes during the playback. I recorded the output via Line-In: https://mir.cr/XCVHPFMS https://mir.cr/18KWZGTW
Compare sound at 01:21.
Magically yours
Raistlin

Reply #54
How reproducible is the issue? Can you try if the attached version solves it? I restored the false event handling to work almost identically with the prior version.

Edit: attachment removed. The fixed version is released.

Reply #55
The issue is stable enough but appears each time at different time points. It seems to be gone with the new version. Thanks!
Magically yours
Raistlin

Reply #56
Thanks for the quick confirmation. I released the fixed version for everyone.

Reply #57
Hi. Love the component, but can you please allow fading to be changed? It doesn't even have to be where direct sound does it, or anything fancy, just maybe an ini/xml file which would allow you to change fading times.
I particularly have a problem with the fading on start because it alters the way the beginning of the audio sounds like, i.e., it fades in noticeably, and if I don't know the audio I'm listening to isn't supposed to do that, I might think that's how it really sounds like (which is exactly why I have the direct sound fade on start all the way down to 0).

Reply #58
The fading is only enabled when you manually change from one track to another. If you allow track to change normally without user intervention you will hear all the samples. Or if you hit stop and then pick a track you will also bypass the fade.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019