Skip to main content
Topic: Spider Monkey Panel (foo_spider_monkey_panel) (Read 20089 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Spider Monkey Panel (foo_spider_monkey_panel)

Reply #201
Ok thanks!

I have 2 more questions, sorry to be a nuicense.  O:)
1. Is it possible to draw text right aligned?
2. Is it possible to draw an external image, a PNG for example.

Reply #202

Not sure it helps, but here is an adaptation of the script I wrote for my config. It was not meant to work in a component-like fashion, so you might have to edit the code here and there (no window properties, sorry). My coding is much more naive than marc2003's or Br3tt's, but perhaps this makes it easier to grasp and modify.
For reasons I don't understand, it only works with columns ui, maybe some more advanced coder can figure out why,
I still didn't find the time to handle the typing animation when the text's length exceeds that of the width of the panel, so make sure the panel is wide enough for your average search strings.
Search results are displayed in a playlist called "Search results [your search string]", which is overwritten at every new search.

Thank you! Very much appreciated :)
Decalicatan Decalicatan

Reply #204
Don't bother ask if you need help understanding the script or indications on which variables must be edited to change the appearance.

Thanks for the offer ^^ ....

Maybe you can help me for a more generic question then:
Where can I find character codes if I wanted to change the search icon in the line "var icon = String.fromCharCode(57492);").
(I already managed to change the font / color / other stuffs)

Thanks in advance.. and thanks once again to profide me the script,, even I you prefer not to answer, which I can undersand.
Decalicatan Decalicatan

Reply #205

Maybe you can help me for a more generic question then:
Where can I find character codes if I wanted to change the search icon in the line "var icon = String.fromCharCode(57492);").
(I already managed to change the font / color / other stuffs)

Well, I guess it depends on the new font you chose. You can look it up in the windows character map application where it is shown as UTF-8 code, you than have to convert it to decimal in order to use it in the fromCharCode method (I use online converters for this purpose).
I'm late

Reply #206
See documentation for `GdiDrawText` method, specifically `format` argument.

See docs for `LoadImageAsync`/`LoadImageAsyncV2`, `DrawImage`/`GdiDrawBitmap` methods and basic `LoadImageAsync.js`/`LoadImageAsyncV2.js` samples.

Reply #207
Well, I guess it depends on the new font you chose. You can look it up in the windows character map application where it is shown as UTF-8 code, you than have to convert it to decimal in order to use it in the fromCharCode method (I use online converters for this purpose).

Thank you. The hex to decimal conversion part was what I missed. Now it's working.
Decalicatan Decalicatan

Reply #208

See docs for `LoadImageAsync`/`LoadImageAsyncV2`, `DrawImage`/`GdiDrawBitmap` methods and basic `LoadImageAsync.js`/`LoadImageAsyncV2.js` samples.

God thank you! I found those documentation files, didn't even know they were there. Finally I put together my panel and it's perfect. =)

Thank you TheQwertiest for an awesome plugin and all the support! This plugin must give endless possibilities for you guys who really know how to script. Keep up the good work!

Reply #209
I found those documentation files, didn't even know they were there. Finally I put together my panel and it's perfect.

FYI, there is a JS version and HTML version of the docs. You want the HTML version, which is accessible via `Context Menu`>`Configure Panel`>`Help`>`View Help`.

Reply #210

Is it possible to load an image directly from an url ?

Reply #211
Nope, you'll have to download it manually: SMP does not provide any direct means to work with the Web, you have to use a suitable COM object via `ActiveObjectX` interface (e.g. `ActiveObjectX("MSXML2.XMLHTTP")`.

Reply #212
Nope, you'll have to download it manually: SMP does not provide any direct means to work with the Web, you have to use a suitable COM object via `ActiveObjectX` interface (e.g. `ActiveObjectX("MSXML2.XMLHTTP")`.
I have created a code using XMLHttpRequest that can download binary stream of file under Chrome, but it does not work inside a SMP panel (using a the ActiveX component instead of XMLHttpRequest object), and then I don't find anyway to save the stream to filesystem.
Any clue appreciated.

Reply #213
It's not an easy problem. You can try to look at the code of the Biography script by Wilb, there, it calls a VBScript in order to download images (well his VBScript can actually download any kind of file).

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019