Skip to main content
Topic: Is there a way to let foobar stay in the tray / background while clicking on... (Read 421 times) previous topic - next topic

Is there a way to let foobar stay in the tray / background while clicking on...

Is there a way to let foobar stay in the tray / background while clicking on a song to play it, so that foobar opens only his surface when I click on the tray icon?

Re: Is there a way to let foobar stay in the tray / background while clicking on...

Reply #1
There definitely was.
But I can't find the option in the settings anymore. :(

Re: Is there a way to let foobar stay in the tray / background while clicking on...

Reply #2
On my old laptop, foobar2000 (v1.4.2) still does exactly that. It stays in the background when I start to play a new song by opening the audio file with foobar2000 from the Windows Explorer.

Reply #3
I changed the settings on my old laptop in a much older version of foobar2000.
I will export the settings and import them in the installation on my new laptop later.
That should work.
I still wonder if I just always overlook the option in the settings or if the option is somehow hidden in newer versions of foobar2000.

Reply #4
Try looking under Preferences/Shell Integration to see if "Bring to front when adding new files" is checked.

Reply #5
Yes, that was it. Thank you! :)
Somehow didn't expect the option there...

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019