Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [v1.4 final] Graphic glitch in multi-tab, multi-component configurations (Read 1268 times) previous topic - next topic

[v1.4 final] Graphic glitch in multi-tab, multi-component configurations

Hi, I have just installed v1.4 final, and I have instantly noticed a graphic glitch that AFAIK wasn't present before.

In my screen caps, you'll see that I have multiple tabs, and each tab has multiple components. When I am in tab 1, at some point I can see some pixels of tab 2 (or 3, etc.) content ! These pixels are visible at the "separation" between components.

That glitch seems to be present, either as soon as foobar starts, or as soon as I start playing with tabs.

Here are two screen caps, of tab 1 and tab 3.

Apparently, minimizing the window then maximizing it makes the glitch temporarily disappear.

Let me know if you need further info. Thanks in advance !

EDIT : no need to have several tabs - even with only one tab I still get some glitches...

Re: [v1.4 final] Graphic glitch in multi-tab, multi-component configurations

Reply #1
Bump, I can't believe that nobody has answered yet to this when the glitch seems to be so obvious. Thanks !

Reply #2
Peter has been aware of your report since you started this thread, but I don't know what his thoughts about it are.

I have been unable to replicate your issue. I wonder if it's a bug in your theme engine as the screenshot suggests you are not running vanilla Windows.

Reply #3
Thanks @Case . Indeed I'm not running vanilla Windows. I have a custom theme for my Windows 7 SP1 (SkullTrail : https://www.deviantart.com/x3remes/art/Skulltrail-161452367 ).
As you can see, one of its features is to have narrow scroll bars. I suspect that it may be related to the glitch.

However, I have always had this same exact theme for the last 5 years at least, while continuously using foobar. I had never encountered this glitch before. And then suddenly, I switch fo v1.4, and BAM ! The glitch appears.

So for the sake of testing, I have reinstalled my previous 1.3.9 version, with the same Windows theme and foobar theme. And now I can confirm that indeed the glitch only eppears with v1.4. That seems to indicate that the glitch comes from foobar.

So my final guess is that at some point between 1.3.9 and 1.4, some part of foobar code was changed, taking into account the "usual" scroll bar width (or not taking into account the fact that scroll bars can be narrower). Which causes a glitch with narrow scroll bars in cases like mine.

What do you say ? :)

Reply #4
It looks to me like field for the tag on top is narrower by one or two pixels than that for the tag below, and so does not cover it.

Reply #5
1.4 removed some extra window borders. Especially visible with tabs inside tabs which used to have several millimeters wide borders.

Reply #6
I hope something can be done about it :) I don't know if it's related to my windows theme or not (actually in my screen capture there are no scroll bars involved in the glitch !), but I won't be changing my windows theme anytime soon : it's the best I've found, and the only one that really goes easy on my eyes.

Reply #7
Just a small bump, since AFAIK no workaround has been found yet. Thank you.