Skip to main content

Notice

Please be aware that much of the software linked to or mentioned on this forum is niche and therefore infrequently downloaded. Lots of anti-virus scanners and so-called malware detectors like to flag infrequently downloaded software as bad until it is either downloaded enough times, or its developer actually bothers with getting each individual release allow listed by every single AV vendor. You can do many people a great favor when encountering such a "problem" example by submitting them to your AV vendor for examination. For almost everything on this forum, it is a false positive.
Topic: Feature requests: selectable ReplayGain algorithm, dither type (Read 509 times) previous topic - next topic

Feature requests: selectable ReplayGain algorithm, dither type

First, I just want to say thanks for all the excellent work on the program, which I use every day.

Inspired by greynol, I installed the old foo_rgscan.dll file from fb2k 1.1.5 in order to try the original ReplayGain algorithm. I have only used it a short while so far, but I think I may already prefer it to the EBU R128 RG. However, I miss the newer features from the current RG component, like the oversample peak scan and advanced formatting results dialog.

So, would it possible to allow a user choice of which algorithm to use?

Similarly, I was wondering if a choice of dither method could be offered in the file converter. I would love if fb2k allowed a TPDF dither option in addition to the (I think) noise-shaped type it uses now.

Thanks for considering!

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021