Skip to main content
Topic: Georgia: A dynamically generated fb2k theme (Read 21617 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Georgia: A dynamically generated fb2k theme

Reply #150
Sometimes I will get the record label logo in the corner, but it's never listed along with the other metadata on the left. Neither is the catalog number. I've been storing this information for years on my own, so it should show up. I have the fields named "PUBLISHER" and "LABELNO" (just like CUETools), so I don't see why it won't show. Sometimes the RELEASETYPE field shows, oddly enough. I'm on a 720p monitor, so maybe there's not enough room?
At the moment, the grid entries are hardcoded in globals.js. Just look in that file for tf.grid. Then you can easily change from %label% which is the default, to %PUBLISHER% and from %catalognumber% to %LABELNO%. Some values like these can be changed in the properties by scrolling down to the "Tag Fields: ...." section and updating them, but as of now, publisher and catalog number are not editable there.

This does mean that when you install a new version of the theme you'll have to redo your grid values. I should probably pull that out into its own file so that it can easily be copied over.

Also I get no hyperlinks. I can't click on anything like it said in the features. And there's no volume bar, but that's not terrible.
Hyperlinks only exist in the playlist. Hover over something there. Volume button is not enabled by default. Check the options menu >> transport controls.

One minor thing I would change is to have the Library list display by folder structure and not artists. This way I won't get artists from one-off compilation albums mixed in with the others. Also I have multiple different pressings of the same album sometimes, and it can't differentiate between them.
Open the library panel, then right click on the background (not an item) and select "View by Folder Structure".

Reply #151
Hi, everything is fine, but I cannot get albums and image art from Spotify, anyways can fix it?

Reply #152
Hi, everything is fine, but I cannot get albums and image art from Spotify, anyways can fix it?
This was working fine recently. I'll have to take another look.

Reply #153
any specific settings that I need to make?

Reply #154
hey MordredKLB, i love the theme but, is there any way to get it to just use only the embedded album art i already have in the files? I already set foobar2000 to that option [Prefer Embedded] in the  foobar preferences/advanced menu but the theme still shows only the art from the containing folder of the file i'm listening to. I swear i remember reading on the internet that something somewhere in Georgia had to be changed to $meta. or something. But for the life of me i can't find it again anywhere! Anyway, I just want to use the embedded album art in my files, is there a way to do that?
Thanks!

[P.S.: i'll post this in both the Hydrogenaudio forum and the foobar reddit page.]

Reply #155
UPDATE TO REPLY #154: for anyone else who might happen upon this topic -[and also i don't see an edit or delete button on this forum] > Solution to my above problem is to just remove the image files from the folder containing whatever you're listening to and make sure the Cycle Through All Artwork option is checked on in the foobar/Georgia Options tab.

Reply #156
At the moment, the grid entries are hardcoded in globals.js. Just look in that file for tf.grid

Wow, everything worked! Thanks!
I knew that cataloging the label and other information would pay off someday. When there are multiple labels, I would usually separate them with a semicolon and no space; as I recalled seeing it done automatically with CUETools that way. Unfortunately this doesn't look very pretty under your skin, unless I edit it so that they're separated by commas. I'm just wondering- is this a common way to do it in coding? I'm not a programmer so I just assumed that the semicolon was the default way to list multiple entries of something.

I tried getting the Release Date field to show up, but I've always set mine to MM/DD/YYYY instead of YYYY-MM-DD. I tried changing that part in the global.js, but it didn't do anything. I think I would have to go deep in there and rearrange the part that immediately precedes it. It would be cool to get Georgia to interpret the full release date and display it as actually writing out the month, date and year (ie "released on September 24th, 1995")

One thing I've noticed that seems to be "missing" is that there's no real way to check the composer field. Too much information could clutter up the page, but I think that if you were going to add one more bit of information on the display, composer credits would be first on the list. Also it would be cool to have hyperlinks for them too- to see who wrote what in a user's library.

If I could make another suggestion, I think it would be cool to have a display somewhere for a MEDIA or a FORMAT field. MEDIA is another common one I see people use to distinguish between CD, vinyl, or WEB releases. I personally have gotten more specific with mine to include CDr's, 12" singles, 45's, and MC's (cassettes). I'm sure some interesting stuff could be done with that.

Another very minor thing would be to maybe display the total number of tracks in the playlist, or album. Sometimes I just want to quickly check my player to see how close I am to the end of a certain album.

Great idea on the artist flags too. None of my files had the 'artistcountry' field before, but now I find myself adding them in whenever I use your skin.

Hyperlinks only exist in the playlist. Hover over something there. Volume button is not enabled by default. Check the options menu >> transport controls.

The only thing that doesn't seem to work for me is when I click the record label. Year, genre, artist, and everything else works fine, but for some reason not the label. Also the lyrics don't seem to work, but I think you said somewhere else that that still needs to be worked on. Or maybe I just need to add in the component, I don't remember.

I almost forgot to mention, that I had to turn off the option that makes it cycle through the album art. Any folder of mine that has album booklets would mash all of the text way over to the left side of the screen. If I could, I would set it to only cycle between the "cover", "back", and "disc" files.

I'm fairly new to foobar skins, but I think that yours is now my favorite. Everything is functional, it's not too needlessly complicated, and I can actually click a single track or album and it will stop after it's played without automatically going to the next record. I bet you could monetize this somehow. This thread just proves that there is a market for a real audio player, or "streaming service" for music lovers. Imagine if there were a streaming service with your theme: with full artwork scans, sorting by record label, aesthetic design, options to choose between different formats and album pressings... Very cool thing you've got going here. Thanks for answering my questions and designing this great player for us all.

Reply #157
Hello, I've been using the theme for a while now and I'm generally very happy with it. I've done a bit of fiddling with the code to make it look nice on my display but I've run into an issue I don't know how to change. It has to do with the "image" buttons, show playlist/lyrics/library etc. I would like to increase the size of the icons. Starting with the playlist view icon, i made a new 48x48 icon and modified the pref.list_img field to point to the new icon.

However, the display ends up looking like in the image below where the bottom part of the new icon is cut off. How can I fix this?

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020