Skip to main content
Topic: External Tags (Read 14118 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: External Tags

Reply #250
The new APIs apparently don't currently play well together with components made with the pre-1.4 SDKs. There are similar problems with foo_wave_seekbar. These require fixing in the core and will be working in the next beta.

Reply #252
There's a new version of the component out to go with the today released foobar2000 1.5 beta 10. Stream metadata and album art now work.

Reply #253
Here's a new problem with 1.5.2 update: foo Dynamic Range stops work reporting it can't open scanned file. It may be also because of I'm having installed alot of plugins, exceeding file handles pool or something so. Back to external tags 1.5.1 and the problem is gone. I'm using foobar 1.4.6 stable if it's not compatible already.

Reply #254
Looks like a bug in the core that was just fixed in the beta series. Peter mentioned the bug was introduced with 1.4 series. All components made with old SDK fail at using decoders.
I'd recommend upgrading to foobar2000 v1.5 even if it's beta. External Tags no longer has to do hacky things to work there and it has quite a bit of other improvements too. No reason to avoid it.

Reply #256
Peter confirmed the 1.4.6 issue is the same bug that affected the earlier foobar2000 v1.5 betas. But there was a workaround so I released a new version with one.

Reply #257
Just updated to 1.5 beta 10 and External Tags is "cookin' with Crisco", thanks Case.

Reply #258
Alot of problems with foobar 1.5 beta. Updating tags on DSD files directly is not possible because of error Could not update tags (this was possible directly with version 1.46 stable). Then making external tags and change them via properties dialog, works. But again whenever applying changes to tags made by 3rd party plugin (RG-scan, Masstager etc.), I get again this error. External Tags aren't taken into account but tags always are written directly. Surprisingly External Tags (reader) isn't listed in decoders list at all. Is that intentional?

Reply #259
It may ber related to this issue https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,118068.0.html. Spontaneously the plugin seems to stop read/write external tags.  Installed version is 1.5.3.

/edit: Confirmed. Back to foobar stable + ET 1.5.1, Both Reader and Writer appear among decoders, which is IMO proper function.

Reply #261
Aah, I had to miss that, thanks for notifying. Now testing new foobar with lastest plugin and hopefully things will sort out.

Reply #262
@Case:  IMO it would be a good idea for the Track Info Filters/External Tags box to come checked by default after the initial installation of External Tags?  Easy to miss this otherwise.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019