Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Waveform Minibar (mod) (Read 42448 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Waveform Minibar (mod)

Reply #275
$lower([%album artist%]|[%album%]|[$year(%date%)]|[$num(%discnumber%,1).][$num(%tracknumber%,2)]|%title%|[%length%]) - the standard rule in the mod, but how to make it appear when you listen to internet radio?

radio link - http://95.216.194.68/12_love_128

Reply #276
The component is a seekbar replacement. It is intentionally not doing anything with live streams since there is nothing sensible it could do.

Reply #277
The component is a seekbar replacement. It is intentionally not doing anything with live streams since there is nothing sensible it could do.
thanks

Reply #278
Great component! I'm going to use this instead of the old waveform seekbar that I had in my layout for years.

There's a minor problem: I've set the option "Track to prefer when showing waveform" to "Playing, selected when stopped". However, when I use "Stop after current" and the track stops, the waveform from the track just played still shows instead of the one from the selected track.

Reply #279
Thank you!

Unless you use the "cursor follows playback" option the selection will still remain in the stopped track. This is visible at least with Default UI and Columns UI. This doesn't look like a bug to me.

Reply #280
Is this component open-source?
I could not find any links to Github (or other public code repositories), so I would guess it's not. Any plans to make the code public ?

Whether you open-source it or not, thank you for sharing the binary component. I've just started using it, and find it an excellent tool. Appreciated !!

PS: FWIW, i've been a longtime lurker here (almost 10 years), but have only now created an account.

Reply #281
All my components are closed source, apart from the few based on GPL-licensed code. I don't have accounts on any git sites.

I haven't had good experience with open sourcing components so I decided long ago not to do that anymore. Sorry.

Reply #283
Well it's using Columns UI so look under File>Preferences>Display>Columns UI>Layout.

With normal CUI layouts, it should be easy as replacing the panel like for like using the right click menu (remove then add)

Things can be a lot more complicated if the parent node is Panel Stack Splitter. Removing/adding panels may break things unless you really know what you are doing.

Reply #284
Well it's using Columns UI so look under File>Preferences>Display>Columns UI>Layout.

With normal CUI layouts, it should be easy as replacing the panel like for like using the right click menu (remove then add)

Things can be a lot more complicated if the parent node is Panel Stack Splitter. Removing/adding panels may break things unless you really know what you are doing.

You're a legend, I risked it and removed the old one and added the one and I think everything is okay. It's been like 10 years since I've used foobar and I remember editing "themes" being a lot easier on the old foobar config I downloaded from someone back then.

Reply #285
I risked it and removed the old one

You can first backup the .fth file in fb2k's AppData folder. You can also use fb2k's menu function "View > Layout > Create scratchbox" and import the .fth file there to play around with changes to your layout.