Skip to main content

Notice

If you are using a Hotmail or Outlook email address, please change it now, as Microsoft is rejecting all email from our service outright.
Topic: My components (Read 23615 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: My components

Reply #75
I can ask Peter about that, but basically, prior to some semi-recent changes to my component, it would "cheat" to ensure it gained total priority over all AAC formats if installed. Some users asked this to be reduced to its current state, because they care about their > ±1.0 peaks on AAC files being properly represented by a floating point decoder, which this component is not.

Reply #76
So. it's not possible to decode only HE-AAC 960 by this component but leave other LC and HE flavors to the built-in decoder?

Reply #77
It may be possible, if the internal component actively rejects such streams and hands them off to me. And if I actively accept HE-AAC only if it's 960.

I still have to ask Peter about it, because his component doesn't reject such files, so I'd only get them if my component happened to accept HE-AAC and by chance was a higher priority due to the load order.

Reply #78
It is done.

Reply #79
Thanks. Will it work as expected with next fb2k update?

Reply #80
What exactly do you mean? It works here. I guess it requires an update to the player for the player to not decode these formats itself.

Reply #81
Indeed, it works with 1.6.1 beta.

Reply #82
I'll be introducing a new feature for 1.6.1 beta and newer as well. Basically, an input component attribute hook that only just got implemented into regular use by 1.6.1 and up, it will allow any input which supports variable sample rates on its own, to automatically configure itself during normal playback to match the settings of the output stream, so that outputs don't need to resample anything you give them.

So, for instance, all of my synthesizer and emulator components which support variable output rate, can do their own resampling or mixing at a different rate, instead of requiring the user to configure a rate, which may or may not be resampled anyway.

Reply #83
Any plans to update foo_midi? I see some BASS libraries and libADLMIDI got updated. Thanks.

Reply #84
It has been updated, and apparently thanks to Visual Studio, it no longer works under Wine.

E: It probably works under Wine now with the latest update. Woohoo for stupidcoding that used to work, but that I forgot to fix.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020