Skip to main content
Topic: FLAC advanced command line EAC/LAME problems (Read 260 times) previous topic - next topic

FLAC advanced command line EAC/LAME problems

Hello everyone.

Hope you don't mind me registering to ask this question, but it's been driving me crazy for 3 days now.

Last weekend, a Windows auto update left my PC needing to be rebooted from its factory settings. I've used EAC/LAME for a decade but am finding it all but impossible to set up to burn FLAC files from a CD.

I've re-read dozens of times the EAC wiki pages but can't get my head around it.

The advanced command code I'm trying to get to work is:

-0 -T “artist=%artist%” -T “title=%title%” -T “album=%albumtitle%” -T “date=%year%” -T “tracknumber=%tracknr%” -T “genre=%genre%” %source%

The test encoder said it didn't recognise the -0 so I removed that so it's like this:

-T “artist=%artist%” -T “title=%title%” -T “album=%albumtitle%” -T “date=%year%” -T “tracknumber=%tracknr%” -T “genre=%genre%” %source%

Then the test encoder has this message:

C:\Program Files\lame3995ox64.exe -T "artist=Track Artist" -T "title=Track Title" -T "album=CD Title" -T "date=1999" -T "tracknumber=05" -T "genre=Drum Solo" "etmp58-!).wav"

C:\Program Files\lame3995ox64.exe: excess arg album=CD Title

I have User Defined Encode on, and .flac and have the CRC and ID3 boxes unchecked.

Can anyone help? I'm at a dead-end after days of trying to sort this out!

Thanks.

EDIT: I'm using EAC V1.3 and lame3995ox64.

Re: FLAC advanced command line EAC/LAME problems

Reply #1
lame.exe (lame3995ox64.exe) is for encoding MP3. You need to use different 'Additional command line options'.
http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=EAC_and_Lame

If you want FLAC then you need to use flac.exe.
http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=EAC_and_FLAC
Your original 'Additional command line options' should work with flac.exe.
korth

Reply #2
Thanks for your reply. So LAME can't turn do FLAC files at all then?

EDIT: With EAC, I mean?

Reply #4
Thanks for your help. I understand - need to download the FLAC codec for this to work.

Appreciate your assistance.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2018