Skip to main content
Topic: How to display BPM column / install foo_browser (Read 5464 times) previous topic - next topic

How to display BPM column / install foo_browser

Hello All,

I recently downloaded Foobar 2000 under the suggestion of a mate. Currently I´ve been trying to get it to work with me as opposed to against.

I downloaded the foo_browser plug in, in order to access a BPM column for when I DJ. However, the DLL file doesn´t seem to open and when I search for help on google I get no where even faster. I tried opening it with winzip to fruitless results.

How would I go about either A) Making my own column for BPM or B) Getting this DLL file to work with me?

Thanks to any who answer,
Michael

Reply #1
foo_browser requires Columns UI installed (or dockable panels). To install a plugin you just drop the .dll in the components folder of foobar
However, to display BPM you don't necessarily need a plugin. Open the properties of a file which has BMP information (context menu>properties) and look at the name of the column that stores the BPM, ie <BPM>
Then create a new column in the playlist view with the pattern %BPM% and that's it.

Reply #2
foo_browser requires Columns UI installed (or dockable panels). To install a plugin you just drop the .dll in the components folder of foobar
However, to display BPM you don't necessarily need a plugin. Open the properties of a file which has BMP information (context menu>properties) and look at the name of the column that stores the BPM, ie <BPM>
Then create a new column in the playlist view with the pattern %BPM% and that's it.

Thanks, I´m not a computer wizard, if you can´t tell.

Re: How to display BPM Genre Mood column / install foo_browser

Reply #3
Hi I had the same problem but I found that you need to add the column and in the scripts tab [%BPM%] for example see attached screenshots

Guy

Re: How to display BPM column / install foo_browser

Reply #4
Apart from the archeological aspect of you answer - you don't need Columns UI to do this. In the "Default User Interface" section go to "Playlist View" and add there a column with code %BPM% (or other, accordingly to name of your tag, like TEMPO). Then enable it on playlist view by clicking on columns header and checking name of your newly created column. Instead of %name% you can also use function $meta(name) , which may be helpful if some plugins reserve some variable names.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020