Skip to main content
Topic: EAC: Beyond 12 drives - Possible? (Read 647 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC: Beyond 12 drives - Possible?

I have more than 12 drives available on the PC but only 12 show up in EAC v1.3 using Windows 10 & Native Win32 interface.  Should I install another ASPI or ASAPI interface layer to access more drives or will it only show 12 no matter what I do?

Re: EAC: Beyond 12 drives - Possible?

Reply #1
Dear lord, what do you use these drives for?
There was Nero ASPI layer you could drag'n'drop into EAC folder and set EAC to use external ASPI. I don't know how it would work with Windows 10, though... you can try.

Reply #2
Not ideal, but you could run half of the drives on the host, and then run the other half in a VM.  That way each EAC instance would see less than 12.

Reply #3
With the NERO aspi on Win7 I was able to access up to 16 drives (EAC V0.99pb5).
Download ftp://ftp6.nero.com/wnaspi32.dll
.halverhahn

Reply #4
Dear lord, what do you use these drives for?
There was Nero ASPI layer you could drag'n'drop into EAC folder and set EAC to use external ASPI. I don't know how it would work with Windows 10, though... you can try.

IME, a good relevant question. I often use 6 or 8 drives to rip concurrently with EAC, but with about that many drives, any more and I get too busy feeding them.

Reply #5
Thanks for the feedback.  I am testing ripping of scratched/troublesome CDs with many different drives to see which drives are best at this task. Its a pain to reconnect & disconnect them.  I thought about the VM option but was hoping for a better solution because I dont see any easy way to import/export CD metadata between multiple installations.  I will try the Nero ASPI and report back.

Reply #6
Nero ASPI works.  Thanks.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2018