Skip to main content
Topic: Time to start ripping! (A couple of noob questions) (Read 1345 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Time to start ripping! (A couple of noob questions)

Reply #25
where does it store this tag? in the cue sheet,isn't it?
and are there audio player software that can play ?
i know it's off topic but which program could burn pre-emphsis detected by cueripper

A cuesheet should include "FLAGS PRE" to indicate pre-emphasis. I don't know if any audio player will apply EQ based on that flag.
The foobar2000 component works with foobar2000 if there is a tag field called PRE_EMPHASIS or PRE-EMPHASIS and its value is "1", "yes" or "on". dBpoweramp will add the tag if it detects pre-emphasis (in the TOC). If you have a cuesheet with FLAGS PRE, you can add the tag to the FLAC files themselves manually.

CD writers that support the pre-emphasis flag? I am not sure if it is standard behaviour, but it is easy to test (just re-rip and see!). EAC should do so.

Here is a partial list of CD titles with at least one reported "pre-emphasis" pressing: http://www.studio-nibble.com/cd/index.php?title=Pre-emphasis_(release_list)
hi
thanks a lot , I own several cd in the list , i guess imgburn does support several flags included pre-emphasis flag , and i guess a modern dvd burner (like the LG) should write on it
and foobar read cue sheet too , it can include the flag , as what i had understood is that i need to add a tag , the cue is not enough
again thank you so much

@korth
great guide , thank you so much
i really like  CUETools even i don't know who are the developers , many time i gave up and used other tools just because  CUETools was hard to configure for me
cheers

Reply #26
@francesco :
Are you looking to rip or to burn, really?
And if you want to burn a CD: do you want a copy, or do you want the music? If you want the music for, say, an in-car CD player, then you could just apply the EQ.

Reply #27
@francesco :
Are you looking to rip or to burn, really?
And if you want to burn a CD: do you want a copy, or do you want the music? If you want the music for, say, an in-car CD player, then you could just apply the EQ.
hi
i want to rip some of my cds
just wonder if there is a program that can burn a cd audio with all the flags
thanks

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2018