Skip to main content
Topic: may i know your favorite headphone? (Read 13238 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: may i know your favorite headphone?

Reply #50
I just got a pair of Pioneer SE-MS7BT-S as a gift. They're BT headphones, but even though, I think they're great. They support aptX, AAC, NFC and Hi Res Audio.

Not on par with wired headphones, but I use it a lot with the iPad.

https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Headphones/SE-MS7BT-T

Reply #51
A kind and generous person stole my Sony MDR-Z7's. Looking at replacements I'd have been happy with another pair of Z7's but the UK distributor of Beyerdynamic was selling "B" stock 2 gen T5P's on EBay for £399. I liked the T5P (I have friends who used them so was familiar with the model) but the UK SRP is more than I'd be willing to spend on a pair of headphones. However at £399 it was worth a go so I went for it, despite being called "B" stock the item was unopened and new and I suspect that the distributor has over stocked and are marketing these as "B" stock to avoid devaluing shop stock by advertising it as a 50% discount on regular new stock. I'm delighted with them, and they can easily be driven to a sensible volume directly from my smartphone and tablet and sound terrific without needing a separate headphone amp or DAC. For any other British users of this forum who have had an interest in these headphones but baulked at the cost they should check this opportunity out.

Reply #52
AKG K612. It share a basic sound signature with Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm and Sennheiser HD600, costing around half as much. The build quality is nice, the design is serious and timeless. The sound is clear and juicy, I can listen all day to difficult instruments like violin, cymbals, trumpet without ear fatigue. Out of the box it handles classic rock and orchestral music well, conveying a lot of spatial imaging. With some EQ it comes alive on dance genres, easily surpassing good closed headphones like Audio Technica ATH-M50X. The downside is that they require a powerful headphone amp to be driven loudly enough.

Reply #53
All of my headphones sound great now that I've got MiniDSP's headphone amp plus headphone measurement device! Using Room EQ Wizard and the calibration files supplied by MiniDSP, I was able to bring all of their frequency responses fairly close to the target respons  proposed by Sean Olive / Harman Int'l, with my modified (stock ear pads replaced with ones by Shure) Fostex T50RP IIs coming very close indeed.

(BTW, it turns out there's no magic involved with the ear pad tweak: The Shure pads are deeper and form a better seal, that's all)

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2018