Skip to main content

Notice

If you are using a Hotmail or Outlook email address, please change it now, as Microsoft is rejecting all email from our service outright.
Topic: foo_enhanced_playcount - Record all song plays and Last.fm scrobbles (Read 42599 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_enhanced_playcount - Record all song plays and Last.fm scrobbles

Reply #300
Actually the window refreshes after 3 seconds even if the scrobble info for this track remains the same. Maybe if plugin will update scrobble information only if something has changed, than it wil at least romove a big part of a problem.
I believe this should be fixed now in the new version. Try it out and let me know.

Reply #301
Yes, now it is not refreshes after 3 secs for the tracks that have no changes. But of course still does it when track plays to the moment when it updates playcount. I think this Search Window behavior is something, that better to report in the main foobar thread.

Reply #302
Yes, now it is not refreshes after 3 secs for the tracks that have no changes. But of course still does it when track plays to the moment when it updates playcount. I think this Search Window behavior is something, that better to report in the main foobar thread.
I couldn't actually replicate your behavior on 1.6. Search window didn't refresh for me when metadb updates were sent and selection/sorting didn't change at all. Still was a good issue you found, glad it's better at least.

Reply #303
I couldn't actually replicate your behavior on 1.6. Search window didn't refresh for me when metadb updates were sent and selection/sorting didn't change at all.
There are different search tools in Foobar. It happens only in Playlist Search window (Edit>Search). Library search does not have such a behavior. Also use 1.6 (Colums UI). Or maybe some specific settings inside Foobar triggers such a behavior.

Reply #304
I couldn't actually replicate your behavior on 1.6. Search window didn't refresh for me when metadb updates were sent and selection/sorting didn't change at all.
There are different search tools in Foobar. It happens only in Playlist Search window (Edit>Search). Library search does not have such a behavior. Also use 1.6 (Colums UI). Or maybe some specific settings inside Foobar triggers such a behavior.
You're right. I was using Library search. Seeing it now in playlist search. Definitely seems like a foobar issue, especially if it didn't happen before 1.6.

Reply #305
Any way to change play counter moment from 60s to 75% of the track?
In a classic playcounter I set 75% and now both statistics are different

Reply #306
Thank you for this plugin! It seems I can use that and forgo libre.fm scrobbling.

Using 4.3.1 with foo_playcount 3.0.4 and foo_scrobble 1.3.1 (if it matters), and it seems to give surprising numbers for scrobbles (fewer). I checked the API URL manually from the logs, and it gives the correct result.

Querying last.fm: http://ws.audioscrobbler.com/2.0/?method=user.getTrackScrobbles&api_key=<some api key here>&user=ingver&artist=Amon Tobin&track=The Lighthouse&limit=200&format=json&page=1
Found 2 scrobbles in last.fm of "The Lighthouse"

I did try clearing scrobble data for that track and refetching from context menu. Same result.
Strangely the old last fm playcount sync by marc2003 had recorded the correct count. Maybe not as strict with album titles?

The URL in question returns 15, however (see spoiler):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, as an aside, at some point after first run it started fetching a bunch of scrobbles in quick succession (but still in sequence, not parallel) for lots of my artists, according to logs, until the API key got suspended. Reauthorizing got it working again, so hopefully not an issue. The results were saved to tracks so I guess it was lastfm being strict with rate limits.

Thanks again and sorry if it has been addressed before. Quick search did not yield anything for me.

Reply #307
I understand correctly that there are now two ways to send information about the music being played from foobar2000 to last.fm - using the Audioscrobbler by Florian Heidenreich and using the Enhanced Playback Statistics by MordredKLB? However, I did not find a way to enter my username and password from last.fm in this add-on. Neither the add-on page, nor the add-on help page, nor this thread.
Quote from: foobar2000: Components Repository - Enhanced Playback Statistics
To get the maximum use out of this component, JScript or WSH panel is also required.
I didn't find "JScript" and "WSH panel" in the foobar2000 Components Repository.

Help me please.

Reply #308
I didn't find "JScript" and "WSH panel" in the foobar2000 Components Repository.

Help me please.

It seems some of these components have been not updated for a while. I dug out my old fb2k installation and had to do quite a few changes.

It works for me with a newer https://github.com/gix/foo_scrobble, where you do not have to enter password, but simply oauth flow.

Instead of wsh panel maybe you can try the newer https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_spider_monkey_panel. I didn't try it myself (since I do not need to display anything except last.fm play count, for which no extra components are needed).
Note that it is not strictly necessary.

wsh panel mode is quite old (https://code.google.com/archive/p/foo-wsh-panel-mod/downloads), it was followed by https://github.com/kbuffington/foo_jscript_panel/releases but it seems a later version is at https://github.com/marc2k3/foo_jscript_panel/releases/tag/v2.4.3. The same author has helped with spider_monkey_panel, it seems.

Reply #309
Thank you for this plugin! It seems I can use that and forgo libre.fm scrobbling.

Using 4.3.1 with foo_playcount 3.0.4 and foo_scrobble 1.3.1 (if it matters), and it seems to give surprising numbers for scrobbles (fewer). I checked the API URL manually from the logs, and it gives the correct result.

Thanks again and sorry if it has been addressed before. Quick search did not yield anything for me.
So it looks like you're maybe playing a track from Splinter Cell soundtrack? There seem to be two scrobbles of that song from that album, while the rest are from a different album. Uncheck "Compare Album field when retrieving scrobbles" and then clear scobbles for that track and repull. At that point it should return 15.

Reply #310
I understand correctly that there are now two ways to send information about the music being played from foobar2000 to last.fm - using the Audioscrobbler by Florian Heidenreich and using the Enhanced Playback Statistics by MordredKLB? However, I did not find a way to enter my username and password from last.fm in this add-on. Neither the add-on page, nor the add-on help page, nor this thread.
Quote from: foobar2000: Components Repository - Enhanced Playback Statistics
To get the maximum use out of this component, JScript or WSH panel is also required.

Help me please.
This addon does not scrobble tracks, it just retrieves scrobbles. As ingver recommended, use foo_scrobble.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020