Skip to main content
Topic: Start fb2k paused while remembering playback state (Read 213 times) previous topic - next topic

Start fb2k paused while remembering playback state

I'm trying to achieve something kind of specific, and I'm wondering if it's at all possible. I'm currently on v1.4

When I close and later re-launch foobar2000, I'd like it to remember the last track that was playing and the position in the track I left off on, BUT I don't want it to automatically start playing. I want fb2k to launch with the track that was playing paused. I'm obviously aware of the Save playback state when closing option in Preferences, but I need something more.

I've tried launching foobar2000.exe the /pause and /playpause command line arguments, but they don't seem to work. (Is this a bug?)

Is there some other setting, or component, or advanced trick I can use to force fb2k to pause itself on startup after remembering where it left off?

Re: Start fb2k paused while remembering playback state

Reply #2
Mine does this, not sure why or what settings I am using, but if I pause a track, and close FB2K, when I reopen it, it's at the same place, paused.

That works for me, but I don't want to have to manually pause before I close fb2k. I want to be able to have fb2k close while a track is playing, and have it remember where it left off, but next time it starts up wait for me to hit play before it resumes playback.

Reply #3
Hi there,

I guess you could use Playlist Attributes to 'Bookmark last playback position' (Preferences > Tools > Playlist Attributes > Playback Settings - these are global for all playlists, or you could set it for individual playlists on the previous page). The track would not be paused on startup, but pushing play should resume the last track where it left off.

You would need the original Preferences > Playback > 'Save playback state when closing...' option off.

Cheers

Reply #4
That did the trick perfectly. Thank you!

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020