Skip to main content

Notice

If you are using a Hotmail or Outlook email address, please change it now, as Microsoft is rejecting all email from our service outright.
Topic: Newbie Question: Moving Operating Systems (Read 225 times) previous topic - next topic

Newbie Question: Moving Operating Systems

Hey guys, first post on here.

I am building a new PC and moving from Win7 to Win10 on a new drive but I want to be able to keep my current configuration for Foobar2000 without losing all of my playlists since I know that they are directory based and I have a lot of my library organized into large playlists separated by genre mainly with similar artists clustered together.
Will I just have to simply keep the same folder structure for my music (C:\Files\Music in my case) and then copy over my current build of Foobar as well as the AppData? Or is there anything else special I should consider?

Any tips would be much appreciated thanks.

Re: Newbie Question: Moving Operating Systems

Reply #1
AppData foobar2000 folder is fine as long as the files will exist in the same drive letter and paths as before. If you're using a portable install, you'll want to copy the foobar2000 folder itself, as that's where your config lives, not the AppData path.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021