Skip to main content

Notice

Please be aware that much of the software linked to or mentioned on this forum is niche and therefore infrequently downloaded. Lots of anti-virus scanners and so-called malware detectors like to flag infrequently downloaded software as bad until it is either downloaded enough times, or its developer actually bothers with getting each individual release allow listed by every single AV vendor. You can do many people a great favor when encountering such a "problem" example by submitting them to your AV vendor for examination. For almost everything on this forum, it is a false positive.
Topic: "Lazy" playback start from AV receiver (Read 7967 times) previous topic - next topic

"Lazy" playback start from AV receiver

Hi. When I start audio playback with my PC which is connected with HDMI to AV receiver I miss about 1st second of audio which is especially noticeable from songs that start with beat. The only workaround I know for now is playing muted YouTube video in background.
Is there any tweek in Windows or something to make AV receiver "awake" for audio playback start?

Re: "Lazy" playback start from AV receiver

Reply #2
Thank you!

Reply #3
I found even better, simpler and smaller program for this. You helped me to find it by providing me key words (silent stream).
Here it is if anyone else needs it: http://veg.by/en/projects/soundkeeper/

Reply #6
There is an DSP plug-in made by Case especially for that slow initialing digital Receivers. Just install it, place it in your foobar2000 DSP-Chain and be happy. Download it at  http://www.saunalahti.fi/~cse/foobar2000/foo_dsp_pregap.fb2k-component

Does it work with WASAPI?

Yes, it does.  I use it when using WASAPI Exclusive Mode.

Reply #7
A question; will all/any of these components do the same thing with USB output?
Or is there an equivalent for USB?

Reply #8
A question; will all/any of these components do the same thing with USB output?
Or is there an equivalent for USB?
Try Sound Keeper. Pregap should also work I think.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021