Skip to main content

Notice

If you are using a Hotmail or Outlook email address, please change it now, as Microsoft is rejecting all email from our service outright.
Topic: foo_scrobble (Read 21001 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_scrobble

Reply #75
i have this issue:
it authorizes normally, but then i click apply and ok and then immediately when i go back to preferences it deauthorizes
it was working fine before

Reply #76
Hi, the foo_scrobble plugin isn't working. Based on the console text, it seems like the plugin doesn't even load:

Code: [Select]
Components loaded in: 0:00.050567
Configuration read in: 0:00.003643
foobar2000 v1.4 [portable]
Watching: C:\Users\Jeremy\Music
User Interface initialized in: 0:00.194318
Startup time : 0:00.299359
Opening track for playback: "C:\Users\Jeremy\Music\orbital 2\07 Walk Now....wav"

Please help me get it to work.

Reply #77
i have this issue:
it authorizes normally, but then i click apply and ok and then immediately when i go back to preferences it deauthorizes

You have to go to the same button again and click complete authorization before clicking Apply :)

Reply #78
Hi, I'm very new to fb2k and I'm having a lot of trouble w this component.  Every time I try to install the foo_scrobble_master folder to the components library, the only compenent that seems to install is the foobar_input_validator.  Am i doing something wrong? Sorry if this is very noob, I cant find any other way to link my last.fm w foobar.

Reply #81
i have this issue:

You have to go to the same button again and click complete authorization before clicking Apply :)

Arrrrrrgh! I've stumbled over this obstacle as well and wondered for quite some time what's going wrong! Damn, that post should be highlighted or voted up in some way.

I was certain after the positive last.fm site's response of "You have granted permission to foo_scrobble to use your Last.fm account." that authentication was done, I wouldn't have to bother with anything more and did not expect the button I pressed to surprisingly change its function completely, i.e. shapeshifting into a button for the "next stage". Well, I did not consciously read the tooltip either, my bad. That everyday's haste fucks up my focus too much.

Maybe the UI would be even more foolproof if there were plain three buttons referring to the three possible states, enabled and disabled in their useful combinations, of course:
* Request Auth.
* Finalize/Complete Auth.
* Reset/Clear Auth

But well, being a software developer myself, it is astounding how stupid people (me!) can be when fumbling around with a piece of simple software, increasing the demand for foolproofness to extremes. Even being aware of that obviously does not save you from the occasional embarrassment  ::)

Reply #82
Hi,

I just bought an album called "unknown".
Here is the album listing on lastfm: https://www.last.fm/music/Reona/unknown

I suspect either foo_scrobble or lastfm might have some issues with fields containing "unknown" as a value.
Here is what shows up in the console:

Opening track for playback: "E:\Users\Artins\Music\ReoNa - unknown - 03 - Untitled world.flac"
Resampler (SRC): 96000 Hz sample rate is excluded
in on_playback_new_track()
Fetching new art
on_metadb_changed()
lastfm: []
foobar: [1602160764000]
Querying last.fm: http://ws.audioscrobbler.com/2.0/?method=user.getTrackScrobbles&api_key=a1685abe5265b93cf2be4a70d181bf6b&user=artins90&artist=ReoNa&track=Untitled world&limit=200&format=json&page=1
Found 0 scrobbles in last.fm of "Untitled world"
on_metadb_changed() 
I think the strange entry is "lastfm: []".

All the other tracks are scrobbling just fine, even other tracks from the same artist but from different albums. I made sure the files are included in my monitored library.

I don't know if it's a lastfm issue or a foo_scrobble issue.
By the way, the same artist has another album called "null" which works just fine.

Reply #84
Thank you for solving the mystery, it looks like they have already added this album to the whitelist queue.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020