Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Error writing files (Read 1482 times) previous topic - next topic

Error writing files

Hey everyone, I'm having these three errors recently.
  • Configuration file could not be written (Access Denied)
  • Library files could not be written (Access Denied)
  • Playlist files could not be written (Access Denied)

I have read/write permissions for:
  • Roaming/foobar2000
  • Program Files (x86)/foobar2000

What can I do to fix this?

Re: Error writing files

Reply #1
Allright, so I just went into Safe Mode in Windows 10. Could do everything in terms of adding my Media Library without any errors when I close foobar2000. But when I get out of Safe Mode, and try to do it all again, it gives the same errors.

Am I missing something?

Reply #2
In safe mode you are running with elevated rights. In normal mode with UAC enabled your account has only user rights. Did you copy your foobar2000 files from some other installation or install it with a different account or something?

If it's a regular installation you would only need write access to %appdata%\foobar2000, which by default your account should have. Double check the permissions to that directory.

If you are running a portable install in the Program Files directory you need to explicitly allow your account full access to the dir.

Reply #3
Well it seems there is write access for that folder. I don't know what's going on. I even tried re-installing foobar2000 and it hasn't fixed it. I wonder what's wrong.

Reply #4
You could use Process Monitor to check out what fails where.

Reply #5
  • Operation: CreateFile
  • Path: AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\library.new\BBA2DB18B79C737D
  • Result: DELETE PENDING
  • Detail: Desired Access: Read Data/List Directory, Synchronize, Disposition: Open, Options: Directory, Synchronous IO Non-Alert, Attributes: n/a, ShareMode: Read, Write, Delete, AllocationSize: n/a

The error's reason seems to be this. There are 6 of this in the Process Monitor.

EDIT: When I try to go into the file "BBA2DB18B79C737D" it says "Access Denied"

Reply #6
Any anti-virus software etc running?
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #7
Any anti-virus software etc running?

I just disabled my Anti-virus and it seems that the problem is solved. Gonna use it for sometime. If it works well I'm gonna switch anti-viruses.