Skip to main content
Topic: Is there actually a way to remove or edit "details" information from MP3 files? (Read 404 times) previous topic - next topic

Is there actually a way to remove or edit "details" information from MP3 files?

In case you don't know what I mean.

Here is a screenshot:

I know, first world problems. I personally just dont need the info at all and it looks ugly anyway. So far I have found no program that can remove or edit these information. Not all MP3s come with them. Probably up to the encoder used.

Maybe somebody knows a way? I tried tools like MP3Tag but they dont even show this kind of information, doesnt seem to be saved in tags anyway.

Re: Is there actually a way to remove or edit "details" information from MP3 files?

Reply #1
This information is necessary for gapless playback, BTW.

Re: Is there actually a way to remove or edit "details" information from MP3 files?

Reply #2
I personally just dont need the info at all and it looks ugly anyway.
What about right-clicking in that pane and unselecting "Other"? Out of sight, out of mind?

The only other "Other" information I've seen, is for foo_youtube - and then two Matroska fields: <STREAM_LANGUAGE> in Matroska (dunno how to change that, but I don't care enough) and <CHANNEL_MODE>.

A minor inconsistency though:
Normally if I select several files which share a tag value, fb2k shows it. But if I select for example several Matroska chapters from the same file, and which all share the same <STREAM_LANGUAGE>, the info field disappears.

High Voltage socket-nose-avatar

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019