Skip to main content
Topic: Georgia: A dynamically generated fb2k theme (Read 12141 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Georgia: A dynamically generated fb2k theme

Reply #50
Hi, nice theme you have here, i'd love to try it out, but so far i'm just getting this error once i've entered the TXT lines into the JS Panel

JScript Panel v2.3.0-Beta.2 (Georgia by Mordred)
jscript 2.3.x has breaking changes. I'll be updating the script in the next day or two to support it, but for now, stick with v2.2.2.4 and you should be fine.

Reply #51
Thanks for the updates! I'm still getting used to the new dark mode but I'm sure I'll prefer in the end.

I'm keen to see what you might add from here. I do use a totally different tab for my library and browsing through albums, I do feel that the built-in feature isn't great, mainly because it seems to lag so much when opening it (I think it's to do with loading the art?), it would be amazing to have a way to browse albums that's as pretty as the rest of the theme!

Reply #52
I've had a semi-persistent problem of Georgia crashing on startup with the "Aw, Crashed :(" on startup.

Just tried upgrading(Georgia -> 1.1.4, JScriptPanel -> 2.2.2.4), but it's still happening.

Also, I poked around in my console and noticed the following even though I re-installed all of my fonts and everything looks OK.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I did notice from my font viewer that the names seem to be ever so slightly different than the strings in my console:
Code: [Select]
Full Name: HelveticaNeueLTStd-Th
Full Name: HelveticaNeueLTStd-Lt
Full Name: HelveticaNeueLTStd-Md
Full Name: HelveticaNeueLTStd-Bd

I tried changing them all to have spaces (Ex. 'Helvetica Neue LT Std'), but that didn't seem to help.

Reply #53
It crashes for me on startup or a little after startup too, but after I "Reload" the panel it doesn't do it again, so it's never bothered me much.

Reply #54
It crashes for me on startup or a little after startup too, but after I "Reload" the panel it doesn't do it again, so it's never bothered me much.
If you send me the error line from the console, I can fix that for ya :)

Reply #55
I've had a semi-persistent problem of Georgia crashing on startup with the "Aw, Crashed :(" on startup.
Again, send me the error from the console and I can fix it.

Also, I poked around in my console and noticed the following even though I re-installed all of my fonts and everything looks OK.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I did notice from my font viewer that the names seem to be ever so slightly different than the strings in my console:
Code: [Select]
Full Name: HelveticaNeueLTStd-Th
Full Name: HelveticaNeueLTStd-Lt
Full Name: HelveticaNeueLTStd-Md
Full Name: HelveticaNeueLTStd-Bd

I tried changing them all to have spaces (Ex. 'Helvetica Neue LT Std'), but that didn't seem to help.
The font names of the files is not what Windows reports as the names. To see those, you need to open up "Font Settings" (on Windows 10 at least) and then find the font in the list there. Things might look okay, but if the test is failing then you aren't seeing the correct fonts and are probably falling back to Arial or something.

There will be a new release in a couple days to handle JScript 2.3.x and fix a couple other minor issues. As part of that release I will be including brand new fonts which will hopefully make things a little simpler.

Reply #56
If you send me the error line from the console, I can fix that for ya :)

This is the error that appears:

Error: JScript Panel v2.1.8 (Georgia by Mordred)
JavaScript runtime error:
Unable to get property '0' of undefined or null reference
File: C:\foobar2000x\georgia\js\georgia-main.js
Line: 2991, Col: 2
<source text only available at compile time>

Reply #57
Are you using foo_ui_hacks? Marc2k3 pointed out to me there's an issue where if you're using the UI Hacks method to load fonts locally that Utils.CheckFont returns false even though the font is available to foobar. If that's the case you can safely ignore that warning.

Reply #58
Are you using foo_ui_hacks? Marc2k3 pointed out to me there's an issue where if you're using the UI Hacks method to load fonts locally that Utils.CheckFont returns false even though the font is available to foobar. If that's the case you can safely ignore that warning.

Yeah, I think that's installed as part of my setup.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019