Skip to main content
Topic: Not able to convert japanase character files? (opus) (Read 267 times) previous topic - next topic

Not able to convert japanase character files? (opus)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Converting on musicbee and dpoweramp works fine, but I am reporting this in-case is a bug.
It says the file is already in use, but it's not even restarted windows to make sure nothing was playing it even foobar itself.
I think the problem comes from writing their name.

The entire collection was 200 items, and these just seem to be the only ones not wanting to be converted, I don't know if it's allowed for me to post the files in here, but I didn't just to be safe.

Re: Not able to convert japanase character files? (opus)

Reply #1
How does it respond to converting to wav or flac, ame problem? Maybe the Opus codec you use does not accept unicode?

Re: Not able to convert japanase character files? (opus)

Reply #2
Unicode support in encoders is irrelevant with foobar's converter. It uses temporary ASCII filenames while it's working and renames the final encodes to the desired name.

If you look at the error log you will notice that whatever settings you use results in name conflicts. Almost all of your files are called "[unnamed].ogg" and placed in the same Pictures dir. You can only have one file with a given name in the same dir. I recommend using some smarter file naming syntax, for example "%tracknumber%. %title%" should work OK.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2018