Skip to main content

Notice

Please be aware that much of the software linked to or mentioned on this forum is niche and therefore infrequently downloaded. Lots of anti-virus scanners and so-called malware detectors like to flag infrequently downloaded software as bad until it is either downloaded enough times, or its developer actually bothers with getting each individual release allow listed by every single AV vendor. You can do many people a great favor when encountering such a "problem" example by submitting them to your AV vendor for examination. For almost everything on this forum, it is a false positive.
Topic: album art loader and custom filesystem (Read 802 times) previous topic - next topic

album art loader and custom filesystem

In my case there is custom filesystem API implementation, that declares its paths as local (filesystem::is_remote() returns false).

Somehow during the external art finding process, a directory of the track location may be get opened as a file for read. In my case everything is a file, so filesystem::open(open_mode_read) does return a file, instead of throwing exception_io_not_found(). And the problem is, if there are no other album art candidates, art loader ends up with a text "Unsupported format or corrupted file".

Note, it seems an opening directory as a file happens only if 'Search patters' (Preferences -> Display -> Album Art -> Front Cover) is empty, or contains an empty line, or contains commented out line (thanks @WilB for initial research). So my hope is that this is not expected behavior and was just overlooked, since overall scenario is quite exotic.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021