Skip to main content
Topic: Ability to use Status Bar information in Title formatting of Shpeck (Read 1688 times) previous topic - next topic

Ability to use Status Bar information in Title formatting of Shpeck

Hi to everyone,

This is my first post on the forum.

I am in the process of building a hardware player based on Foobar2000.
In the player I use the LCD display to which data I pick up with the foo_shpeck plugin.
Unfortunately, the same Syntax fields in Foobar Status Bar and in Title formatting of Shpeck are different, in Title formatting of Shpeck data is retrieved from a file, in Status Bar after DSP.

For example:

%samplerate% for DSD128 in Foobar Status Bar gives 176400 (it depends of SACD settings for PCM output in Preferences) but in Title formatting of Shpeck it is 5644800

or

%__bitspersample% for DSD128 in Foobar Status Bar gives 24 (for PCM output of SACD) but in Title formatting of Shpeck it is 1

Is there an intermediate solution to display valid data in Title formatting of Shpeck?
Do you have any idea how to put the same information (from Status Bar) into Title formatting of Shpeck?

Thank you in advance for help!

Re: Ability to use Status Bar information in Title formatting of Shpeck

Reply #1
124 readers and no responses or hints.
Probably the answer to my question is - impossible.

I'm not a programmer, but I'm asking if it is possible to have variables in a program whose values will be set in the Status Bar and l will use them to display information using Title formatting of Shpeck. I do not know whether it will be possible in a timely manner.
This is the only way for example to display on LCD information about HDCD file and 24-bit resolution during HDCD file playback.

Reply #2
Title format language has no global variables. Anything you set in statusbar formatting section will only be seen there.

I made an experimental component for you that exposes dynamic decoder information for use with Shpeck or any other component that accesses only static file information.

It exposes decoded sample rate in field %srate%, bits per sample in %bps% and number of channels in %nch%.

Edit 2020-01-26: Removed the obsolete attachment - the component can now be found at http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_dyndec.

Reply #3
Thank you Case for your answer.
The first part of your answer is what I expected.
But it is not that bad, with the available tools in the network can do a lot of work.
I have not tested your plugin yet, because it is not needed for this data, but as I wrote at the beginning.
The lack of global variables makes it impossible to display the status bar (HDCD file) on the LCD and the information displayed does not match.
I've got screenshots to show what I got (I used 20 screens of LCD Smartie):
WYtransport LCD Smatrie screenshots

And short movies how it work:
movie 1
movie 2
movie 3
movie 4

Reply #4
I would like to inform you that the foo_dyndec plugin works fine for flac files.
Thank you Case!
Because I am using other possibilities for displaying information, using logical conditions I am able to display information such as a HDCD file.
Comparing two different variables that should give the same result (and depending on the type of file they do not give) I can get additional information.
By the way, for mp3 files none of the variables provide information.
Previously to display bits per sample information for mp3 file I used function $if2(%__bitspersample%,16)
Now I use $if2($if(%bps%,%bps%,%__bitspersample%),16). It works fine for mp3, flac, dsd (now 24 instead 1), HDCD file ( now 24 instead 16).

Reply #5
Suplement.
It working fine but only in Shpeck Title formating Current line, the information are not present in LCD Smartie.
I suppose It will work with visualisations but because dynamic library won't work with LCD Smartie.

Reply #6
Hi @Case ,
I am writing here as there isn't any dedicated thread and your webpage redirects here for "Origin story".
I know that you may don't care about "banned components" however I would like to report, that foo_dyndec hangs foobar when old foo_input_reverse, made by Acropolis, is used. If I run "Reverse and Play" command while having dyndec installed, then after decoding to memory at 98/99% foobar stalls. No sound, no progress, Explorer says that application stopped responding and I need to forcibly close it. Foobar 1.5.3, Win7 and Win10 (both x64), standard installation.

Reply #7
Added a workaround in the freshly released version.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020