Skip to main content
Topic: TAK 2.3.0 (Read 84420 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: TAK 2.3.0

Reply #100
It does support multichannel audio, also decoder is multi-threaded and code is better and faster than reference one.
Only missing is TAK 1.X support.

Reply #101
IIRC ffmpeg is faster only because it's multithreaded. Single-threaded ffmpeg is about 2x slower than TAK

(about code quality... I thought that TAK is closed-cource?)

Reply #102
For other historical reasons i would have loved to publish my back-to-work release at April 1st. It was april fools day when i first posted about TAK (named YALAC then) and not many readers believed me. Nostalgia...
Got to pity the doubters. Not really... :)

TAK+CUE still used for all CD backups here, the best 16-bit 2-ch archival format (IMO). Yes, I'm admitting to collecting discs still. Maybe it's lossless audio paranoia that I don't bother with purchasing music online whether it's lossy or otherwise. Maybe someday but even then there's still too many indie/private CD's where finding a second copy is nearly impossible.

Good to see your posts, Thomas! Looking forward to running another speed comparison in the nest version. :)
"Something bothering you, Mister Spock?"

Reply #103
IIRC ffmpeg is faster only because it's multithreaded. Single-threaded ffmpeg is about 2x slower than TAK

(about code quality... I thought that TAK is closed-cource?)

How you calculated that numbers, i think that -t parameter does not decode at all, it just check CRC of every frame.

Reply #104
No. -t does anything -d does except writing the result to the disk.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2018