Skip to main content
Topic: Biography Discussion (Read 90993 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Biography Discussion

Reply #525
I was wondering though, even if it's not recommended, would there be a way to save front cover image to the song directory ? So I can use it as the preview image in ELP.

I started doing this :
Code: [Select]
Image [Review] $if($strstr(%_path_raw%,'file://'),$directory(%_path_raw%),%profile%\yttm\rev_img\$lower($cut(%BIO_ALBUMARTIST%,1))\%BIO_ALBUMARTIST%)
I think you want the [COVERS: MUSIC FILES] section for album covers. The 'Image [Review] Folder' under [SAVE] is a different thing.

And I think by default it saves to track folder already. And according to Documentation.txt file it should only save if cover is missing. (Not that I've ever used it to confirm mind you)

So basically just change the first line -

[COVERS: MUSIC FILES]
Auto-Save=1
Auto-Save Folder=$directory_path(%path%)
Auto-Save File Name=cover

Cheers

Reply #526
[AUTO-FETCH]
Biography [Allmusic] Auto-Fetch=1
Biography [Lastfm] Auto-Fetch=1
Album Review [Allmusic] Auto-Fetch=1
Album Review [Lastfm] Auto-Fetch=1
Image [Artist] Auto-Fetch=0
Image [Review] Auto-Fetch=0

I need to know how I can do so that biographies are not recorded on the hard drive.
Just do the same for the two Biography lines -

[AUTO-FETCH]
Biography [Allmusic] Auto-Fetch=0
Biography [Lastfm] Auto-Fetch=0

Cheers

Reply #527
I was wondering though, even if it's not recommended, would there be a way to save front cover image to the song directory ? So I can use it as the preview image in ELP.

I started doing this :
Code: [Select]
Image [Review] $if($strstr(%_path_raw%,'file://'),$directory(%_path_raw%),%profile%\yttm\rev_img\$lower($cut(%BIO_ALBUMARTIST%,1))\%BIO_ALBUMARTIST%)
I think you want the [COVERS: MUSIC FILES] section for album covers. The 'Image [Review] Folder' under [SAVE] is a different thing.

And I think by default it saves to track folder already. And according to Documentation.txt file it should only save if cover is missing. (Not that I've ever used it to confirm mind you)

So basically just change the first line -

[COVERS: MUSIC FILES]
Auto-Save=1
Auto-Save Folder=$directory_path(%path%)
Auto-Save File Name=cover

Cheers

Awesome, I didn't expect that feature to be included so I didn't see those config lines !
Works like a charm, no hack needed, thanks ! :)

Reply #528
[AUTO-FETCH]

I need to know how I can do so that biographies are not recorded on the hard drive.

[AUTO-FETCH]

Cheers

Thank you. But if I do that the panel doesn't get me any information. I can do that in the image section because I have the Text Only option enabled. I mean, I don't want to take pictures.
But if I want to take my biographies by doing a web search, what I need is not to memorize them on my hard drive.
Thanks again

Reply #529
[AUTO-FETCH]

[AUTO-FETCH]

Cheers

Thank you. But if I do that the panel doesn't get me any information. I can do that in the image section because I have the Text Only option enabled. I mean, I don't want to take pictures.
But if I want to take my biographies by doing a web search, what I need is not to memorize them on my hard drive.
Thanks again

If the corresponding config options don't work as you'd like, maybe you could try a workaround like setting your TMP directory as Image [Review] & Image [Album] ?

Reply #530
[AUTO-FETCH]

[AUTO-FETCH]

Cheers

Thanks again

If the corresponding config options don't work as you'd like, maybe you could try a workaround like setting your TMP directory as Image [Review] & Image [Album] ?

I am Spanish and I use google translator.

I did not understand your answer. I would ask you if you can expand it.

As an interim solution, I have created a batch process to start foobar that eliminates biography and review.

Arranca_foobar.bat
echo off
echo .
echo Se van a eliminar las carpetas biography y review y luego arranca Foobar
echo .
rd "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\yttm\biography" /S /Q
rd "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\yttm\review" /S /Q

cls
C:
cd \Program Files (x86)\foobar2000
start foobar2000.exe
exit
echo on

Thanks you

Reply #531
Hi

Recently discovered this amazing script, super useful and elegant!

I'm especially happy with the ability to automatically write tags with lastfm and allmusic information.

Slight problem - I'm having trouble running the "write selected tags" command on multiple songs at once.
Most times the first run will identify only a few of songs, thereafter I need to select each song individually for it to be recognized and tagged.

I ran a test on 3 songs - It looks like the first 2 are not being recognized correctly while the 3rd is but also returns no results.
Attached screenshots.

Another related point - It would be really great if we could map a keyboard shortcut to the "write selected tags" action.

Any help / thoughts would be much appreciated!

Thanks

https://pasteboard.co/IWThMnp.jpg

https://pasteboard.co/IWTi4Tt.jpg

Reply #532
Hi, just wanted to say again how wonderful this script is !  :D

However, at the moment I'm only using it for displaying bios, and I'm using marc2003's Thumbs script for displaying artist pics.
The reason is in these two pics (see attached pics).

If someday @WilB could add this function to his script, I would be very grateful and happy to use only one script for all my purposes.

Thanks in advance !

Reply #533
Hi

I using foobar 1.5.2 and i have problem with artist picture. I have both Biography and JScript Panel. On this both i see only text (biography). No picture.

I read previous posts and tried solutions given by other users but nothing works. I still can't see the artist's picture.

I have account on Last.fm if is important.

What i can do more?

Reply #534
@mygen,
1. Check if images on Last.fm are available to you. If they are not available on the site, then the component will not display them.
2. Check the latest Biography 1.1.3 component version for Spider Monkey Panel
By the way, it works correctly for me now.

Reply #535
1. Not all image are available. If not why? what it depends on? I must have a premium account on Last.fm?
2. I have latest Biography and SMP.

Reply #536
When for me there was this problem because of the site, I just waited until they fixed it.
This probably depends on the IP address.

Reply #537
When for me there was this problem because of the site, I just waited until they fixed it.
This probably depends on the IP address.

How to check this?

Reply #538
I tried installing Spider Monkey Panel v1.2.3 and Biography v1.1.3 on fb2k v1.5.2 (without installing any other components) with the settings by default - Biography works correctly for me.

Reply #539
I do this too but i don't have the artist image.

Premium Last.fm is important?

Reply #540
I've used Biography for a while now and really like it.  However, I am encountering one minor issue...

I find that Biography displays album art from image files in the folder of the currently playing track.  Good. 
But, I don't seem to be able to get Biography to display album art that is embedded in the currently playing track.

I can see the embedded art in my Columns UI Playlist, and I can see it in a conventional "Artwork view" panel. 
It is not a case of priority: In my test case, the album with embedded art has no image files in the folder.

Hopefully this is just a configuration error on my part.  Any assistance would be appreciated, but it would be most helpful to understand the designer's intent.  Thanks!

Reply #541
Hallo there,
I'm using (latest) foobar v.1.5.2. I have also SpiderMonkeyPanel, Biography and JScript Panel on latest version.
It was working properly, as it should since yesterday at the afternoon: I can't see either artist pictures nor pictures from covers.  I see only text (biography) but no pictures.
Any suggestions please?

Reply #542
For anyone having image issues, you must make sure the artist has images on their last.fm page and it must be viewable with Internet Explorer. Your normal choice of browser is irrelevant because scripts use the underlying components built in to the OS.

If running Windows 7, you'll probably need to enable support for TLS 1.2 via the registry. There are already plenty of threads about on the forums. And windows should always be up to date so you have the latest security certificates installed.

Reply #543
The panel also doesn't load any pictures for me, while it used to work flawlessly for months... wonder what is happening. Also took snotlicker's advice and tried to open last.fm using IE, to my surprise was greeted with no pictures anywhere to be seen, and a note on top saying: "Internet Explorer is no longer supported on Last.fm. In order to have the best experience, please upgrade to a more modern browser. ". Could this be the problem?

Reply #545
Hmm, that link opens the picture without any problems. Oh well, back to searching for the cause on my configuration then, thanks for that reply!

Reply #546
Just to be clear, that was tested with Internet Explorer? When it's working, you should see inline images in the webpage as well...

You can see a screenshot of my Windows 8.1/IE11 attached.

Reply #547
Yes, it was IE. I was just to quick to say, that webpage does not show pictures. It was just the main "last.fm" page that does not show pictures, the one you gave as an example shows everything correctly. So yes, it has to be something odd in my Foobar's settings, or maybe with Windows 10... I did make a repair of it recently, could be a connection there.

Reply #548
If anyone knows a solution to a problem with the display of an artist's image such as I have and others @Pappa-Lenin, @Miltiades please share the solution

Reply #549
Sorry, I've no idea, I just ended up selecting "text only" mode, because nothing worked for me, and I'm unfortunately not able to currently do a Windows reinstall, which supposedly helped one of the other users... :(

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020