Skip to main content
Topic: Biography Discussion (Read 72438 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Biography Discussion

Reply #350
New Version: Biography 1.0.1

FIX: Artist images should now cycle correctly.

Reply #351
nice work
I.m. UR5EQF

Reply #352
Thanks for the fix !

One request : could it always display the fallback text instead of switching to "Image only" mode when the text isn't available ? I mean, the point of the fallback text is to say "we tried to search for a text, but couldn't find one neither of allmusic, neither on last.fm". If it revert to image only, then we loose this information, which say "we tried to find something, but unsuccessfully so far". Then personally i end up trying to clic on the image in order to show the text, and it feel like something is broken.

The code to change seems to be in the function this.getText = (p_calc, update) of the Text function/object. Personally i added p.imgText = true; just after line 1858 and it worked, but i didn't test extensively if it breaks other functions when you do it like that.

Reply #353
Right click > menu > layout > options > dual style auto.  Disable the option.

Reply #354
AH yes, thanks !

Reply #355
Makes sense, those names appear to be Korean.
Do you mean by any chance, that you've encountered this problem before?

PS: @WilB, @seongbin moved the discussion here, since Uploads section is not a proper place to discuss bugz :D

Reply #356
Makes sense, those names appear to be Korean.
Do you mean by any chance, that you've encountered this problem before?

PS: @WilB, @seongbin moved the discussion here, since Uploads section is not a proper place to discuss bugz :D

I have not encountered this issue before.
And I just double checked by switching back to previous settings(before utilizing Spider Monkey Panel) as below.

* turned off utf-8 support in system locale settings
* foo_jscript_panel-v2.2.0.1
* Biography 0.9.0.3

It turns out everything is fine with JScript Panel.

But for Spider Monkey Panel, I have to turn on utf-8 support.

Hope it's helpful.

Reply #357
Thanks for your helpful feedback. I did report the issue here in response to your very first post on the matter.

Reply #358
I am using artist pics auto-fetched from biography for Br3tts JS Smooth Browser on marc2k3s JScript Panel on a portable foobar installation. The artist pics are stored under the standard path set in biography.ini:
Code: [Select]
%profile%\yttm\art_img\$lower($cut(%BIO_ARTIST%,1))\%BIO_ARTIST%
I am currently trying to remove all absolute paths in the installation to be able to easily move the installation to other computers.
Br3tts JS Smooth Browser seems to search for artist pics in the folders given in Preferences/Display/Album art/Artist. Here, I used so far the absolute path
 C:\path_to_my_portable_foobar\yttm\art_img\$lower($cut(%artist%,1))\%artist%\*.jpg  
which works perfect.
To get rid of the absolute path, I tried
 .\yttm\art_img\$lower($cut(%artist%,1))\%artist%\*.jpg  
which does not work as foobar expecting a path relative to the library location. Everything around %path% is as well pointing to the library location, which is different from the portable foobar location in my case. %profile% does not work as well, als this variable is not known on that level.
Does anybody know how to adress the portable installation path within Preferences/Display/Album art/Artist?

By the way: rectangular artist pics are less nice when used within JS Smooth Browser as there is no auto-fill or crop function and therefore deteriorate the nice grid view. Any idea on how to add auto-fill to JS Smooth Browser or, alternatively, limit auto-fetch in biography to square artist pics?

Reply #359
1) Perhaps a central save location could be used for artist images in the same place as the music library? That could be used by all portable installs. It would also save duplicating stuff in foobar2000 folders of the various portable installs. Existing images could be moved to that location.
e.g.
Z:\bio_data\art_img\$lower($cut(%BIO_ARTIST%,1))\%BIO_ARTIST%

A common album art artist pattern could then be used:
Z:\bio_data\art_img\$lower($cut(%artist%,1))\%artist%\*.jpg

Whether this method is viable depends on how you have things organised etc.

As an alternative I think extended variables can be used (last revision, 0.4, 2018). Documentation seemed difficult to find. Best I found was this.

Extended variables provides %FOOBAR_PATH%, which I think, on a portable install, should give want you want:

Album art artist pattern
%FOOBAR_PATH%yttm\art_img\$lower($cut(%artist%,1))\%artist%\*.jpg

2) Artist image crop function (autofill). The JS Smooth Browser image handling would need changing, but the script isn't mine, and so I am reluctant to post or pm modifications without it being OK'd by marc2k3. Have you asked marc2k3 to add the option anyway? I do already pretty much have the required code written since I added the feature, for personal use, to another falstaff script with essentially the same image code.

Reply #360
Hello WilB,
%FOOBAR_PATH% is exactly what I was looking for, thanks a lot!!
On the JS Smooth Browser artist image crop function (autofill): you know that marc2k3 is not posting here. I could try reaching him on reddit. Or any other idea how to reach him?

Reply #362
Thanks + done (see here)

Reply #364
2) Artist image crop function (autofill). The JS Smooth Browser image handling would need changing, but the script isn't mine, and so I am reluctant to post or pm modifications without it being OK'd by marc2k3. Have you asked marc2k3 to add the option anyway? I do already pretty much have the required code written since I added the feature, for personal use, to another falstaff script with essentially the same image code.
Marc2k3 has updated the JS Smooth Browser with the Auto-fill function as part of the latest foo_jscript update V2.2.0.2, see here. Works perfect, gives the JS Smooth Browser in grid mode a perfect look - big thanks to Marc !!

Reply #365
@seongbin I could not reproduce your issue (even with Chinese locale enabled on Win10). Could you please PM me one of the problematic mp3's with corresponding art image?
Or you can simply changing any mp3 file's artist name filed as 수상한 커튼
For Biography view, it remained as default setting.

Update:
The problem does not occur in English system locale(utf-8 support turned off),
for my case, it happened in Chinese simplified system locale(utf-8 supported turned off).

Reply #366
Or you can simply changing any mp3 file's artist name filed as 수상한 커튼
For Biography view, it remained as default setting.

Update:
The problem does not occur in English system locale(utf-8 support turned off),
for my case, it happened in Chinese simplified system locale(utf-8 supported turned off).
Yea, I've tried manually renamed mp3 (including fields) and img files on Win10 with Chinese Simplified locale (utf8 was turned off), but still could not reproduce :\
That's why I want to at least have the same file (in case it somehow matters)...

Reply #367
I made a zip for regarding files(audio & image) for your diagnostic.

Reply #369
@seongbin , hm, filenames inside your zip appear to be mangled for me (both with En and Simplified Chinese locales). Are they displayed properly on your system (i.e. inside the zip)?

Image:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Reply #370

I printed out the file infos as below.

수상한 커튼 - 이방인.mp3 
수상한 커튼_358bf43a7fcf47cfc7fdc1f1ee4da942.jpg
수상한 커튼_470a57bb7d184f24cfa672edc397fa23.jpg
수상한 커튼_93e44d82b16d46c298a13369d3582142.jpg
수상한 커튼_9839f38fd8ff4e3ace7a2d8e67e8044c.jpg
수상한 커튼_c57b1c80967a40c0aa9a0f5234b9f7ab.jpg

Reply #371
The Unarchiver knows how to handle whatever encoding was used.

Reply #372
The Unarchiver knows how to handle whatever encoding was used.
Thanks for the suggestion, but it seems that this is Mac only application =(

Reply #373
Or Unix. I don't know off-hand any Windows applications that have automatic code page detection for ZIP files, one of the few frequently used archive formats that usually get encoded in whatever the client machine is using.

Reply #374
@TheQwertiest
I had the same issue as you when I tried to unzip the file.

So I tried adding the zip (without unzipping) to a folder monitored by foobar2000 media library. At least on my device and locale that worked: the metadata seemed to display and work correctly in media library viewers, playlists, properties & biography. In fact the metadata was OK even if the unzipped folder was monitored. File names and paths were still garbled in both cases in properties etc, though.

HTH

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019