Skip to main content
Topic: Biography Discussion (Read 85737 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Biography Discussion

Reply #500
lfm has been erratic and slow for me over the last few days and I can confirm that at times it's not been possible to obtain stuff.

Currently all is working correctly for me. So hopefully all is back to normal.

Just tried again, using a fresh FB 1.5 install/SMP1.2.1/Bio1.1.2

Per the image - no artist image appears or downloads (using install default biography.ini) - the update.txt does get written to directory so write access should be fine?

any ideas?

Reply #501
I tried a fresh FB 1.5 install/SMP1.2.1/Bio1.1.2

I tried with the artist album in your pic. All worked correctly. Photos were obtained. I tried two lfm languages.

The fact that it created update.txt for you indicates it correctly obtained the image list from lfm. So the download and save failed:
   - try force update
   - may be there are still some issues with lfm servers, as I guess it was all working well for you until recently
   - double check that all settings are at default to absolutely exclude any of the configurable options:
      1) right click > menu > sources > server settings > reset to default.
      2) right click > panel properties. Choose export to back up panel properties. Then choose clear to reset panel properties.
   - I assume that if you go directly to the site you can access the images
   - perhaps there is some local issue with your set-up (seems unlikely: access to fb2k folders should be OK)
   - I assume your internet is working OK
   - you could try deleting foo_lastfm_img.vbs within foobar2000 profile\yttm folder and restarting foobar2000 to make absolutely sure it's not been corrupted.
   - I assume the device has sufficient disc space to save the images

I've sent you a pm with some debug code that you can try if the issue persists.

Reply #502
New Version: Biography 1.1.3

CHG: New source button
    - Requires FontAwesome. If not installed, the previous button style will be used.
    - Simple size adjustment, if required: ctrl + wheel over button.
    - Further options: "menu > layout > heading > button style", e.g. set previous button style or hide background.

NEW: Heading: always full width option (enable: "menu > layout > heading). Means heading spans image + text rather than just text in left & right style layouts. Image top padding is auto-adjusted.

NEW: Photo filter: cycle from folder now has an option to restrict to lfm artist images [default enabled (menu > sources > photo...)].

FIX: Lfm bios: corrected occasional issue where certain bios weren't obtained.

Reply #503
^ New features working well. Thank you! 8)

Reply #504
Hi there!
On the site now the photos of artists are not available for me.
Perhaps that is why the photos also not available for the component.

Reply #505
https://www.last.fm/home works correctly for me. So it looks like it was a temporary or local issue. mjm716 issue described a few posts above seems to have been a specific machine related problem apparently due to a windows privileges mess up and now solved.

Occasions when lfm itself has issues, like it's down or slow, are outside of my control . Biography normally times out internet calls after about 30 seconds.

It all seems to be working fine for me now. Photos etc are being correctly obtained.

Reply #506
Thx for the new update! It works perfectly for me.

Reply #507
mjm716 issue described a few posts above seems to have been a specific machine related problem

Yes - confirming OS issues on my end - and great patient support from WilB to help me sort it out. All reviews/bio/images have been downloading flawlessly (after new OS install).

One minor issue to report with layout when full-width headline is enabled - image (auto align with text) loses alignment (reverts to bottom when headline option is selected).

Reply #508
Hi, Wilb It seems there is a problem between the last version of foobar 1.5.1 and the most recent one of foo_spider_monkey_panel.
That's the text reported by foobar crash tool:
Problem caused by: foo_spider_monkey_panel.dll : Spider Monkey Panel
Known buggy component

Reply #509
Have exactly the same problem since foobar 1.5.1 as described by gsax.
Windows 10 1909, Intel Core i7-2600.

Reply #510
@gsax: The update to SMP version 1.2.3-beta solves the problem.

Reply #513
@MaFred , @gsax , this problem is caused by SMP: the latest release version (v1.2.2) contains a bug that results in a fb2k crash in some cases which prompted Peter to mark SMP as `problematic`. The bug is fixed in the nightly build (currently at v1.2.3-beta).

Reply #514
Thanks a lot. It works now. Best. g

Reply #515
@MaFred , @gsax , this problem is caused by SMP: the latest release version (v1.2.2) contains a bug that results in a fb2k crash in some cases which prompted Peter to mark SMP as `problematic`. The bug is fixed in the nightly build (currently at v1.2.3-beta).
While this bug is fixed with nightly, somehow one option seems to revert every time I restart foobar / open biography properties - it forgets the shadow setting. To be exact, it reverts "SYSTEM.Cover [Dual Mode]" to 0 whenever I try to change biography properties or turn foobar off and on again. The other shadow (for "image only") is retained.

foobar 1.5.1 / SMP v1.2.3-beta+fbfc0fd8 / Biography 1.1.3

Reply #517
Works fine now with the new nightly. Thanks!

Reply #518
Hello everyone,

I'm experiencing the same issue as mjm76.  I'm running spider monkey panel 1.2.3-beta, biography 1.1.3 and foobar2000 1.5.1.  I'm wondering if this issue has to do with my foobar2k installation running on a pc with a VPN running.  Once some tasks are finished that I don't want to interrupt, I'll try turning off the vpn and see if it fixes things.

Thanks!

Reply #519
Hello everyone,

I'm experiencing the same issue as mjm76. 

Possibly, but for your sake, I hope not.
My issue was related to corrupt Win ownership preventing write access for certain apps/scripts. I reinstalled Win and everything is working fine since.

Reply #520
Hi, works for me at the moment. Quick questions :

1. I know the font and size can be set through foobar prefs. However, what if I wanted a specific font and size only for the biography panel ? What would I need to change exactly ?
2. Currently in "pic+text" mode, the pic takes about 70% of the panel. How could I change it to some other value, e.g. 30% ?

Thank you.

Reply #521
1. I know the font and size can be set through foobar prefs. However, what if I wanted a specific font and size only for the biography panel ? What would I need to change exactly ?
Quickest way to adjust font size - header and body can be adjusted independently - is to mouse-over the area and use CTRL+your mouse scroll wheel

To change font
CTRL-click panel for Panel Properties and look for _Custom.Font values

2. Currently in "pic+text" mode, the pic takes about 70% of the panel. How could I change it to some other value, e.g. 30% ?

CTRL-click panel for Panel Properties, scroll down towards bottom and look for value:
SYSTEM.Layout Image Size 0-1  : 0.3 = 30%

Reply #522
Worked beautifully. This is such a great component. Thank you ! :)

Reply #523
I have installed Biography 1.1.3 and it works perfectly.
I have activated “Text Only” since I don't want the covers
But I have a problem. I don't want the covers or biographies recorded on the hard drive.
I was able to get the covers not recorded by modifying Biography.ini:

[AUTO-FETCH]
Biography [Allmusic] Auto-Fetch=1
Biography [Lastfm] Auto-Fetch=1
Album Review [Allmusic] Auto-Fetch=1
Album Review [Lastfm] Auto-Fetch=1
Image [Artist] Auto-Fetch=0
Image [Review] Auto-Fetch=0

I need to know how I can do so that biographies are not recorded on the hard drive.

Thank You

Reply #524
Thank you for this great script and for maintaining it, it's exactly what I was looking for !

I was wondering though, even if it's not recommended, would there be a way to save front cover image to the song directory ? So I can use it as the preview image in ELP.

I started doing this :
Code: [Select]
Image [Review] $if($strstr(%_path_raw%,'file://'),$directory(%_path_raw%),%profile%\yttm\rev_img\$lower($cut(%BIO_ALBUMARTIST%,1))\%BIO_ALBUMARTIST%)

But it didn't work, and anyway I noticed I forgot something important : to check if there was any cover present yet. And I'm not sure if there is a clean way to do that ?

Thanks !

EDIT : That's funny, I just noticed that @josemescud my request is basically the opposite than yours

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020