Skip to main content

Notice

If you are using a Hotmail or Outlook email address, please change it now, as Microsoft is rejecting all email from our service outright.
Topic: foo_pd_aac: Flagged as trojan by Microsoft Defender (Read 915 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_pd_aac: Flagged as trojan by Microsoft Defender

Since this morning (CET) foo_pd_aac has been flagged as a trojan by Microsoft Defender. I guess, and hope, it is a false positive, but I thought I'd let you all know.

Re: foo_pd_aac: Flagged as trojan by Microsoft Defender

Reply #1
It is a Russian Hackers. Do not worry.
Or
It is a grate time to normal-antivirus-installing.

Reply #2
Looks like another lovely case of false positive. VirusTotal mainly shows the typical nonsense detections, same engines that "detect" absolutely everything as malicious. Quick check at API calls it makes shows suggests that it does nothing malicious and is just a typical helpful component. I submitted the file to Microsoft for re-evaluation.

Reply #3
Update. Microsoft was quick and the false detection has been removed.

Analyst comments:

We have removed the detection.  Please follow the steps below to clear cached detection and obtain the latest malware definitions.

1. Open command prompt as administrator and change directory to c:\Program Files\Windows Defender
     2. Run “MpCmdRun.exe -removedefinitions -dynamicsignatures”
     3. Run "MpCmdRun.exe -SignatureUpdate"

Alternatively, the latest definition is available for download here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/definitions

Reply #4
Thanks a lot, works again now.

Reply #5
Thanks, Case, for filing that false positive report before I even had a chance to notice this.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021