Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Behave like a Explorer and show no-media files (Read 1297 times) previous topic - next topic

Behave like a Explorer and show no-media files

Hi,

I have many audio/video files which come with extra non-music-files like sheetmusic (*.pdf), images (*.jpg) etc. which I want to be aware of when working in foobar2000.

Is there a way to show ALL files (*.*) in foobar2000 and turn it basically into an explorer?
I need this feature for whole foobar2000: Album List, Playlist, Search...
(the playback-errors I will suppress)

Thanks!  :)

Re: Behave like a Explorer and show no-media files

Reply #1
You could test foo_input_dummy. It will lie to foobar2000 to support all file formats. It was just made but it appears to work.

Edit: Further testing revealed big issues with the simple implementation. Component taken down for now.

Reply #2
Reimplemented with improved logic. Should cause no side effects now: foo_input_dummy.

Reply #3
awesome, thanks!