Skip to main content
Topic: Playlists (Read 391 times) previous topic - next topic

Playlists

I am new to this forum, but have been using FOOBAR for many years. Brilliant program, and I would like to thank all those involved with the development.

I have a simple request re playlists. I have looked through the help, but cannot find an answer I can understand.
Is it possible to automatically save the playlist in the folder it relates to? I create a playlist by selecting the tracks playing onscreen that I want, and FILE SAVE PLAYLIST. It always saves the FPL file in another folder, and I have to move it the the folder where the tracks belong. I have thousands of albums, and always want Discs and the PLAYLIST in their own folder.

Sorry if I am missing the obvious.

Re: Playlists

Reply #1
Utilities > Save as playlist...

Reply #2
> I have thousands of albums, and always want Discs and the PLAYLIST in their own folder.

I think you could try using the media library instead of juggling thousands of playlists.

Reply #3
Utilities > Save as playlist...
Sorry I cannot see utilities as a heading.
The save playlist command does not use the current folder. I have tried media library, but as I often reinstall the operating system I am not sure how this would be affected. I always have data on one partition, and programs in another. If I have any problems I just wipe the system partition using Paragon Disk Manager boot disk, format and reinstall Windows 10. Microsoft hold the machine profile, so activation is no problem.

Reply #4
In the main menu, it's File > Save Playlist (Ctrl S)
Foobar will still use its own numbered playlists from the windows profile though. There is no connection between a playlist tab and the file from which it was loaded.
If you regularly back up the windows profile folder, then it's easy to restore foobar settings including the library, after a wipe.

I think the component http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_jesus might be useful for you, but I don't use it myself.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019