Skip to main content
Topic: Stop after queue option in foobar2000 (Read 651 times) previous topic - next topic

Stop after queue option in foobar2000

There was an option to stop playback after queue before in older versions of foobar2000 and I loved it but I noticed it's gone now.
Whatever happened to that? I tried using plugin for that but it sucks. It starts next song and then it stops. I like the way it worked before. It simply enabled stop after current when last queued song is playing and disabled if I add another one.
I want that option back!

Re: Stop after queue option in foobar2000

Reply #1
"Stop after current" is very important to me too - in fact I chose Foobar 2000 on that basis because I use it for playing backing tracks at live gigs, and I need to set up my guitar or announce the track etc. and be able to select and play the next track when I'm ready. I have version 1.3.8 at the moment and this works fine, but I've just downloaded 1.3.10 but not installed it yet. So if this is true, thanks for posting!  I shall go back to Winamp or stick with my current version.

Reply #2
I hope they fix this in the next version. Why did they remove it? It's like "what were they thinking"!

Reply #3
UPDATE - I just installed update to v1.3.10 and for me this option "stop after current" is still there and works as before. Is this option not in your Playback tab?

Reply #4
Stop after current works but I want it to be enabled automatically when the last queued track is playing.

Reply #5
OK, this is a different requirement to mine. I hope they listen to your request - good luck.

Reply #6
As far as I'm aware stop after queue has never existed in core foobar2000. I however updated my Stop After Queue component to handle the stopping more cleanly.

Reply #7
Thank you! This plugin is so essential to me I forgot it's not included with foobar by default I guess. I don't know how I removed it.

Reply #8
One thing I was able to do before but can't now is when I played one song and enabled stop after current but changed my mind later and added another song to queue stop after current would automatically be disabled. How can I do this?

Reply #9
I just tried Stop After Queue in v1.4, and it did not appear to work.  I had 3 tracks in the Playback Queue, and when the last one finished, Foobar proceeded to play tracks from my library.

Reply #10
You need to enable the feature just like you'd enable "stop after current". You can enable the functionality from the Playback menu.

Reply #11
You need to enable the feature just like you'd enable "stop after current". You can enable the functionality from the Playback menu.

@Case thanks for your reply from August.   With this installed, I still don't see where to activate it.  Screenshots:

Reply #12
^ Case said the Playback MENU (not preferences) - as in the one next to File, Edit, View, Playback. ;)

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2018