Skip to main content
Topic: Help with filter/regexp in Facets ! (Read 377 times) previous topic - next topic

Help with filter/regexp in Facets !

Hi,

I'm using the Facets plugin and struggling getting a filter working in Foobar and could use some help!  I basically want to filter the results where the start of the directory in the path is either "VA-" or "VA_-_" but with my limited knowledge of regular expressions its proving difficult!

This is what I have and I realise it doesn't test for "VA-" or "VA_-_", only "VA" but it's not working regardless.

$if($left(%<directory>%,2)='VA'),%<album>%

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers.

Re: Help with filter/regexp in Facets !

Reply #1
Not too sure about this but try it.

$if($or($strcmp($left(%directory%,2),VA),$strcmp($left(%directory%,5),VA_-_),%album%))

Reply #2
Thanks Jazzthief, I tried it but didn't work, it gives a syntax error.

I modified your expressions and found the following worked but doesn't obviously look for and find any of the "VA_-_" matches...

$if($strcmp($left(%directory%,3),VA-),%album%)

Reply #3
Read this:
http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Title_Formatting_Reference

Check if path contains 'VA-' (will evaluate true or false):
Code: [Select]
$strstr(%path%,VA-)

Check if path contains 'VA-' OR 'VA - ':
$or($strstr(%path%,VA-),$strstr(%path%,VA - ))

Wrap it inside an $if() function to decide what happens if it evaluates true or false:
$if($or($strstr(%path%,VA-),$strstr(%path%,VA - )),TRUE,FALSE)

Show %album% only if it the statement evaluated true:
$if($or($strstr(%path%,VA-),$strstr(%path%,VA - )),%album%,)

You may opt to substitute this for the first code in my post:
$strstr($directory(%path%,1),VA-)
It ensures that the matches are folders and also that they are exactly N level above the current track by swapping '%path%' with '$directory(%path%,1)'. Currently N is 1, which means the same folder as the file resides in. 2 would mean 2 levels above and so on. If you have variable directory structure this obviously won't work.

Reply #4
Hi Daeron,  thank your for the expressions this line works great ...
$if($or($strstr(%path%,VA-),$strstr(%path%,VA - )),%album%,)

$if($left(%directory%,3),%album%,)

One problem with it is that it evaluates the entire path for VA- and VA_-_  and it's showing results where the folder name starts with JVA, for example.  The reason I tried to use the $left operator was because I could rule out any false positives like this.  Could the expression above be  amended to search only the first 3 / 5 characters of the path or is this not possible.

Cheers
Paul

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019