Skip to main content
Topic: [Old] Vorbis Streamer (foo_vorbisstream) (Read 107544 times) previous topic - next topic

[Old] Vorbis Streamer (foo_vorbisstream)

Reply #150
Hi everybody,
I think I am missing something here... I'm new to Foobar2000 and maybe I don't understand exactly how components should work, but...
What am I supposed to see or do after I've installed this plugin?
I mean, I'm trying to use foobar2000 just to stream to an external Icecast2 server (giss.tv),
and I thought that this was the purpose of this component..
But I cannot see where in foobar I should write my settings...
Help a newbie

edit: nevermind, it was easy, excuse me.

Reply #151
Hi,
here again... I was wondering if it is somehow possibile -or, if not, if you are planning to add this feature in the future- to see if the connection is actually working.
I know that opening the console I can have some info (if it is disconnected from the server), but a little "on air / off air" indicator would be useful.
Eg now it keeps saying "disconnecting from server", but there's no way to know what exactly is the problem: password? Server offline? Something wrong in setting?
Can somehow the plugin retrieve and provide these infos?
Thank you again,
Andrea

Reply #152
Hi everybody,
I think I am missing something here... I'm new to Foobar2000 and maybe I don't understand exactly how components should work, but...
What am I supposed to see or do after I've installed this plugin?
I mean, I'm trying to use foobar2000 just to stream to an external Icecast2 server (giss.tv),
and I thought that this was the purpose of this component..
But I cannot see where in foobar I should write my settings...
Help a newbie

edit: nevermind, it was easy, excuse me.

Reply #153
Thank you kochev_nik,
but I already figured that out (but I couldn't delete my first post, so I jus added "edit: nevermind, it was easy, excuse me.", maybe not very explicative).

What I'm asking now is if there is a way to monitor the state of the stream, live, and in detail.

Reply #154
What I'm asking now is if there is a way to monitor the state of the stream, live, and in detail.

http://giss.tv/gstats/

Reply #155
Hi

Thanks again for the great plugin ^^

Would it be possible to add the ability to configure the server username along with the password? I can't connect to my external streaming server due to the username option lacking.

Reply #156
Very nice plugin. It would be nice to support Opus also.

Re: [Old] Vorbis Streamer (foo_vorbisstream)

Reply #157
Sadly, this component is now deprecated, as Windows 8 has driven me off of Windows into the chaotic waters of Linux. I intend to take the above fixes and release one final build with them all (and maybe a few other tweaks as I see fit; I really can't resist sometimes). However, this component is now looking for a new maintainer.

Very nice plugin. It would be nice to support Opus also.

The unofficial 3rd party foo_streamer plugin can stream opus.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020