Skip to main content
Topic: How to display music data when streaming with WMP ? (Read 8792 times) previous topic - next topic

How to display music data when streaming with WMP ?

Hi fellows,

I´ve been trhough lots of media players, Foobar, Winyl, Splayer, Winamp, Jaguar, Lilith, and many others with tons of fancy settings.  But I Always come back to WMP, which, to me at least, has a more warm sound, that I can hear for hours without fatigue.

But, unlike many of the others, when streaming from  www.radioparadise.com,  WMP doesn´t display neither the name of the music, nor the name of the artist.  Any one knows how to solve this.?
(I´ve thought maybe it was because I was not logged in, in RP, but in Vinyl, for ex., even not logged, it displays the names)

Thanks in advance !

(Currently using Win 8.1 64 and WMP 12)

Re: How to display music data when streaming with WMP ?

Reply #1
I´ve been trhough lots of media players, Foobar, Winyl, Splayer, Winamp, Jaguar, Lilith, and many others with tons of fancy settings.  But I Always come back to WMP, which, to me at least, has a more warm sound, that I can hear for hours without fatigue.

I think you'd better be able to back up that statement somehow, with some objective data (see TOS #8). Or at the very least a decent technical description of how the decoders and sound processing used by WMP differs from those used by other players.

Reply #2

I think you'd better be able to back up that statement somehow, with some objective data (see TOS #8). Or at the very least a decent technical description of how the decoders and sound processing used by WMP differs from those used by other players.

You are right !
I thought it was clear this post was not a statement about media player qualities,  but a question of how to solve a pratical problem.
Sorry,  I was wrong...

Reply #3
WMP doesn´t display neither the name of the music, nor the name of the artist.  Any one knows how to solve this?

I know this is a somewhat old thread, but did it work at one time, and then stopped? Or never worked? Did you change something? Upgrade OS? Etc?

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019