Skip to main content
Topic: YouTube Track Manager Discussion (Read 12645 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: YouTube Track Manager Discussion

Reply #53
New Version: YouTube Track Manager 3.9.4

CHANGELOG:

ADD: Themes: dark, blend & light (right click > menu > manage > theme). Option to always use cover for blur image (Image Blur Background... [panel properties]).
ADD: Image reflection (right click > menu > manage > image). Settings: panel properties + strength can also be adjusted by shift + mouse wheel over image.
ADD: Image smooth transition effect on image change (right click > menu > manage > image).
ADD: Button Colour: Last.fm/MusicBrainz: can now be set to use neutral theme colours instead of site colours (panel properties).
ADD: MusicBrainz discography: related artists pane now has auto-associations: remembers last chosen for a particular search artist name.
FIX: Radio: optimisations.
FIX: Compatibility with JScript Panel v2.0.1.

Reply #54
I'm not sure if this is a bug on the side of the YT Track Manager, but some artists are not recognized even if there is a corresponding page on Last.FM. May be it has something to do with unicode symbols in their names.

Example:
Artist: '2814' (note that this is unicode and not just '2814')
Example track with the said artist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OJdVsDAveE&list=PLIF1NhpQPux8pMJZogX3I40IPu8V-dH5i
Last.FM page: https://www.last.fm/ru/music/2814/

Reply #55
I've made a few changes for the next release so that those scenarios should be better handled.

More info:

MusicBrainz discography look-ups require an mbid. If that isn't in a music file tag, as is commonly the case, or its a YT video etc,  the script has to search MusicBrainz for the mbid by artist name.

In your example, MusicBrainz uses "2814" as the artist name, and  "2814" wasn't matched due to the Unicode symbols. The result was no mbid & no auto-lookup of the MusicBrainz discography.

However, the related artist pane (click "≡") does list other close matches & "2814" was there & could have been clicked to load all. Such selections are remembered. Incidentally, last.fm also uses "2814" apparently as the main name of this artist and has a "2814" page (Quote from last.fm. "2814 (formerly known as 2814) is a collaborative project...". ).

Anyway, I've added a second MusicBrainz match test for the next release which re-checks after doing an $ascii conversion of the search artist. In your example, the auto-match then succeeds. So mbid is found & MusicBrainz discography loads. Last.fm discography then also loads. This should increase the robustness of the auto-look-ups. This method might change if a better method emerges. There may still be occasional cases where its necessary to use the related artists pane - it works with both MusicBrainz and last.fm discographies.

Last.fm discography look-ups use the mbid, and if there are no results, fall back to trying the artist name. I've fixed an issue for the next release where the fall back wasn't working under certain scenarios.

Thanks for reporting.

Reply #57
It looks like there are some efficiency improvements in the next JScript panel version (2.0.5?) that may benefit both YouTube Track Manager & Library Tree. So I was planning to wait for that before releasing new versions.

Reply #58
It looks like there are some efficiency improvements in the next JScript panel version (2.0.5?) that may benefit both YouTube Track Manager & Library Tree. So I was planning to wait for that before releasing new versions.
Well, same here actually :P
Though I need both updated JScript and your scripts for that...

Reply #59
New Version: YouTube Track Manager 3.9.5

CHANGELOG

CHG: Improved MySelect mode

MySelect is a media library only mode. It provides automatic selection of media library tracks based on a chosen style and play history:

1) Choose pool of tracks. Now supports foobar2000 query syntax + offers similar artists styles (default 50), etc.
e.g. Genre IS Rock AND %Date% AFTER 1979 AND %Date% BEFORE 1981. Gives a pool of rock tracks from the 80s

2) Choose how to play tracks from the pool, e.g. favour highest rated or most played etc. Bias configurable. Optional library filter for a further boost, e.g. exclude tracks rated < 2:

SEE GRAPH BELOW

Played tracks are normally removed from the playlist & new added. Upcoming tracks can be seen & directly played. The aim is that a track shouldn't repeat within 100 (or pool size if lower) and multi-artist styles shouldn't repeat an artist within 5 tracks, if possible. Resets on opening new. Now playing panel can show pool size. Most display items are interactive on click. Favourites menu automatically saves recent choices.

Settings for MySelect:
Enable: right click -> new radio -> radio -> MySelect. Common choices then show on the new radio menu.
Filter menu: right click -> manage -> library -> filter (filters are customisable (panel properties ["ADV.Library Filters MySelect..."]).
Bias: change if required: panel properties ["ADV Radio Best Tracks Bias..."]. The recommended bias for MySelect mode is 10 (default) or 5.

MySelect mode is likely to work best with good play count or rating data. If you don't have that, the iSelect mode instead uses last.fm top tracks data to select pools of media library tracks. MySelect & iSelect modes don't use YouTube.

ADD: Titleformat definitions for play count and rating (panel properties ["Titleformat..."]). These fields are mainly used by MySelect mode. Rating can now be set to use DADA Auto-Rating or other autorating methods as well as standard rating methods. Autorating methods work immediately provided you have playback statistics data, and don't normally modify music files.

CHG: Nowplaying text: shadow effect now optional (panel properties).
FIX: MusicBrainz & last.fm discographies: search optimisations.
FIX: For YouTube.
CHG: Efficiency improvements due to implementation of new changes to JScript panel (thanks to marc2k3).
FIX: Some improvement in artist matching during video search.
FIX: Compatibility with updated plman.AddLocations in JScript panel 2.1.0+

Reply #61
MusicBrainz release look-ups require a musicbrainz_artistid. If that's not in a file tag (%musicbrainz_artistid%), MusicBrainz is searched with the artist name to look it up. The problem then comes when there is the more than one artist of the same name, and it's not clear which is the correct one, and the script defaults to using the first hit. In the case of "Muse", MusicBrainz returns 6 different artists of that name. Consequently, the first match in the list gets used by default & that's not the popular one - in fact it's so unpopular it doesn't have any releases!

Try choosing the related artists pane ("≡") which shows available disambiguation & pick the one required: likely: UK rock band. The choice should be remembered so the next time "Muse" is used it should pick the correct one. An automated way is to consider tagging files with %musicbrainz_artistid% which is checked first, but that's not possible with all music sources.

As far as I can tell, last.fm is essentially name based, and so the issue is much less likely to arise.

Reply #62
... that's not the popular one - in fact it's so unpopular it doesn't have any releases!
Talk about pitiful... -_-

Try choosing the related artists pane ("≡") which shows available disambiguation & pick the one required: likely: UK rock band. The choice should be remembered so the next time "Muse" is used it should pick the correct one.
Darn, forgot about that feature, even though you've told me about it just a few posts back! >_<
Thanks! =)

An automated way is to consider tagging files with %musicbrainz_artistid% which is checked first, but that's not possible with all music sources.
I've considered doing that in the past, but failed to conquer my laziness....

Reply #63
I have a problem lately: last.fm artist's top tracks by playcount are not accurate when i compare it to last.fm site.
Instead of most popular songs i get random obscure ones, often demos or live tracks in the list.
I tried to revert to older version of the script, i even tried to use clean installation of foobar with only this script installed (and required components) but it didn't help, so i don't know what could be the problem? I'm using foo 1.4 beta 11, latest jscript panel and youtube components.
Disregard the constabulary.

Reply #64
Yes, I noticed it this morning.

It seems to be a last.fm bug/caching issue that surfaced a few days ago. The api isn't returning what's requested & the list is commonly starting at track 101, not track 1.

I've seen it before in some other scenarios & believe I know how to workaround it. A fix is in progress...

Reply #65
New Version: YouTube Track Manager 3.9.5.1

CHANGELOG

CHG: Draw optimisations.
CHG: Extended field remapping options in panel properties. Separated into "Titleformat (Web Search)...", which require a single look up value, and "Library Search..." that can utilise multivalue tags (panel properties).
ADD: Last.fm Artist Top Tracks workaround to mitigate buggy last.fm api returns.

Reply #66
Works great, thank you for the quick fix
Disregard the constabulary.

Reply #67
3.9.5.1 crashes for me while 3.9.5 works fine
JScript Panel v2.1.0.2 (YouTube Track Manager v3.9.5 by WilB): initialised in 23 ms
Error: JScript Panel v2.1.0.2 (YouTube Track Manager v3.9.5.1 by WilB)
Microsoft JScript runtime error:
Object doesn't support this property or method
File: <main>
Line: 95, Col: 5
<source text only available at compile time>

Reply #68
^ It looks like you were running under the JScript engine & found an incompatibility.

New Version: YouTube Track Manager 3.9.5.2

FIX: Compatibility with JScript engine.

I would recommend using the 'Chakra' script engine if possible (requires IE9 or later). Set in the JScript panel configuration window (shift + right click).

Reply #69
I never use the radio features, is it possible to stop this panel creating empty playlists?

Reply #70
@nikolai4ik
I've changed the behaviour for the next version.

Reply #71
Hi!
Dear @WilB,
during use YouTube Track Manager 3.9.5.2
I noticed the following:
if mouse click on the empty area (see attached pic., the click area shown by arrow), the error message appears (see attached pic. JSError)
Please check it.

Thanks.

Reply #72
I was able to reproduce the issue and it should be fixed in the next version.

Thanks for the report.

Reply #73
YYTM seems to always focus on the now playing track and I would like it to focus on the active selection.

Is there a way to control focus?

Reply #74
It wasn't originally added because of incompatibility with video display, which has to follow the nowplaying track. Anyway I've added "Selection Mode" for the next version; it will be available in modes that don't display the video.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2018