Skip to main content
Topic: [BUG] Album List view By Directory Structure (Read 1283 times) previous topic - next topic

[BUG] Album List view By Directory Structure

Hi to all, i have this bug in the album panel list view by directory structure:
The main folder is "canzoni varie" and in this folder i have 8 subfolder + MP3.
I must see first subfolder and subsequently the file mp3 organized by folder "canzoni varie"
Instead i have first some file mp3, some subfolder(7), file mp3,subfolder(1) , file mp3.

See screenshot: [a href="http://postimg.org/image/n8ok4wbd1/" target="_blank"]

Reply #1
Album List sorts files and directories by name. It does not put directories before files. On a side note the comparison takes numbers into account, i.e. "8whatever" comes before "2000whatever" since the number 8 is less than the number 2000 even though the digit 2 would precede the digit 8 in a lexicographic order.

Reply #2
OK , but is not possibile see first all folder and then file or conversely  in the new foobar2000?
For the moment i have tried to rename my folder to -2009 , -2010 because - is first of number but nothing has changed..why?

Reply #3
Renaming the directories fails because the "-" is ignored and the number is always interpreted as a positive number. As far as I am aware there is no practicable way to make the built-in "by folder structure" view do what you want. However you can create your own view with the following format:
Code: [Select]
$replace($directory_path(%path%),\,|$char(8203))|%filename_ext%

The downside is that it will not display paths relative to your media library directories. $char(8203) creates a zero-width space by the way. The relative path can be simulated if you extend the script to recognize each path:
$replace($directory_path(%path%),
C:\First\Path\,,
D:\Second\Path\,,
\,|$char(8203))
|%filename_ext%

Note that this script is case-sensitive, i.e. using "c:\" and "C:\" makes a difference.

Reply #4
I have not undestand..
the "-" not work e ok because is ignored.

I want anyway see first all name folder and after all file mp3 but is not possibile , I realized that through this script
All Music|
C:\First\Path\,,
D:\Second\Path\,,
\,|$char(8203))
|%filename_ext%
what allows me to do ?

Where i must put it in foobar setting for modified album list view and clearly what I see in the playlist by selecting that folder ?
thanks

Reply #5
You can create your own view in the Album List preferences. Click the "Add New" button to create new view and enter a name for the view in the first column. You have to put the script I gave you into the second column.

Reply #6
yes it work but i see all previous folders ..

See screenshot:

Is not possibible see only  folder " Musica" as "main folder" and other subfolder contained in "Musica" ?

thanks so much

Reply #7
Change the script as follows:
D:\My Pc\Musica\,,
\,|$char(8203))
|%filename_ext%

Reply #8
Very Very thanks! it work perfectly.