Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Windows 10] Can't play music in FB2K by double clicking the file (Read 3175 times) previous topic - next topic

[Windows 10] Can't play music in FB2K by double clicking the file

Hi guys, I'm using windows 10 and I just find I can't use FB2K to play music by double clicking the music files. I tried *.mp3 and *.flac both are not working. I have set the default app (fille association, shell integration) to FB2K.

Also the drag n drop function is not working. Right click on the files and click "play in foobar2000" / "enqueue in foobar2000" both are not working as well. The only way to open a music file is by right click and manually select "open in... > foobar2000".

Anyone got similar problem? Is it a general compatibility issue or it's just me?

Reply #1
Sounds like you have marked foobar2000 to run with administrator rights. Windows prevents non-elevated programs from controlling elevated ones and this security feature has been present in Windows since Vista. There are no compatibility issues between Windows 10 and foobar2000.

Reply #2
Sounds like you have marked foobar2000 to run with administrator rights. Windows prevents non-elevated programs from controlling elevated ones and this security feature has been present in Windows since Vista. There are no compatibility issues between Windows 10 and foobar2000.

Thanks, problem solved. Just unticked the box next to the "run as an administrator" in the Properties --> Compatibility.

It is strange though, since I never modified its properties and the problem only appeared from the day that I updated to the win 10.