Skip to main content
Topic: MathAudio Headphone EQ for Foobar2000 (Read 2297 times) previous topic - next topic

MathAudio Headphone EQ for Foobar2000

MathAudio Headphone EQ for Foobar2000

•     Helps to detect and compensate for the unwanted resonances in high-quality headphones and earphones.
  •     Includes a test signal generator.
  •     Includes a crossfeed feature which allows the listener to reduce the channel separation to a natural level. The crossfeed makes the headphones less fatiguing to listen to for long periods.
  •     Supports up to 99 compensating filters.
  •     Supports individual correction of left and right channels.
  •     Supports undo/redo operations.
  •     Applies 64-bit signal path throughout.
  •     Supports full range of sample rates from 44,056 kHz up to 352,8 kHz.

Download: mathaudio.com/download.htm

Re: MathAudio Headphone EQ for Foobar2000

Reply #1
Hello @k2k,
I installed Headphone EQ ver 1.4.0 and I cannot hear any sweep tone (I have ASIO driver).
I also pressed the button sweep-out to check the output settings, but the button is unresponsive.
I think there is a bug somewhere.
Regards, Andrea

Reply #3
Hello @k2k, unfortunately the link provided landed me to the download page, but the only package effectively available for download is the old 1.4.0 even if on the page there is written 1.4.1.
Please, kindly check.
Thanks and regards, Andrea

Reply #4
Hello @k2k, I could download the new package 1.4.1 a few minutes ago.
It is still NOT working with ASIO.
Now the Sweep Out button works but selecting any ASIO output I cannot get any output there.
It works only if I select regular embedded laptop audio loudspeaker.
Because I am using very well known, professional and solid MOTU ASIO driver, I have to suppose there is some other problem pending.
Kind regards,
Andrea

Reply #5
Hello @k2k, I though about and I think the best would be to have also the option to Sweep-Out directly into/to the next component present in the DSP chain.
In my headphone DSP configuration, your component is the last, but it may be not the last...
I tell you this because I am now having problem with Room EQ also ... and I am going to write to you in the appropriate thread.
Regards, Andrea

Reply #6
Hello @k2k, I could download the new package 1.4.1 a few minutes ago.
It is still NOT working with ASIO.
Now the Sweep Out button works but selecting any ASIO output I cannot get any output there.
It works only if I select regular embedded laptop audio loudspeaker.
Because I am using very well known, professional and solid MOTU ASIO driver, I have to suppose there is some other problem pending.
Kind regards,
Andrea
The Foobar2000 version of Headphone EQ can send the sweep sound to a conventional Windows driver only, not ASIO. I believe that your MOTU set includes conventional Windows drivers and you can temporarily use them to make the correction curve. After that you can use Foobar2000 to work with your ASIO drivers.
Hello @k2k, I though about and I think the best would be to have also the option to Sweep-Out directly into/to the next component present in the DSP chain.
In my headphone DSP configuration, your component is the last, but it may be not the last...
Regards, Andrea
It could be a good idea, but the Foobar2000's plug-in interface doesn't allow us to return any sound when Foobar2000 doesn't send a sound to the plug-in's input. That is why the Foobar2000 version of Headphone EQ sends the sweep sound directly to the sound card.

Reply #7
-

Reply #8
Hello K2K, thanks for the explanation. I will use your VST2 plug-in for headphone EQ testing.
Regards, Andrea

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019